sharetrader
Page 193 of 733 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243293693 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    The theory doesn't hold water ...why....what are you comparing WHS to? Underperforms in comparison to what else in its sector? Kathmandu, Briscoes, all the other retailers? I would argue that it outperforms most other of its competitors. There is absolutely no sense in comparing apples with oranges. Online shopping is utilized by middle and upper income earners mostly because they have easier access to internet, broadband, time and opportunity. My guess is none of the posters on this forum would go into WHS willingly because we think they are "beneath my position". Its like new car owners making disparaging remarks about the performance and reliability of some old "banger" going too slow on the motorway. All retail is suffering...so what...doesn't mean you cant still extract a good return out of WHS. Diversification means you should have a piece of assorted industries and sectors. Show me a better performer in retail over the long term than WHS.
    Take your points.
    Surely BGR is better than WHS over any term.
    I do think it is important to position yourself in the right sectors. Clearly retail has been suffering as it has headwinds are long term. Much like newspapers and traditional media, wouldn't you wish to avoid them altogether? Maybe another thread for this discussion?
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

I have WHS in my "have a bit of everything, passive portfolio" because who really knows. But its not a stock you would pick as a winner for the obvious reasons stated here. I'd buy in again for my speculative portfolio if there was a believable strategy formulated. But I can't see it, what is the strategy to get themselves out of the hole of declining profitability?

wouldn't surprise me if the price is still being supported?
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Actually the WHS is one shop I do like looking around with all the variety and plenty of man stuff like fishing and automotive etc compared to HLG and BRG which I find quite boring as a guy, I also purchase online through Torpedo 7.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    You guys really are pushing your bandwagons aye and your all non holders-Lol.
    Watch closely .... just waiting for it to become a BUY .... just don't when that will be mate

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Watch closely .... just waiting for it to become a BUY .... just don't when that will be mate
    Classic.!!!! ??????????? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Classic.!!!! ??????????? lol.
    I forgot to say 'patiently waiting'

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I forgot to say 'patiently waiting'
    I'm the opposite to you winner I patiently wait for my stocks to come back to purchase price but in the mean time most of them are still paying some form of a divvy so all good aye.

BGR is returning 4.66 WHS is 6.6 on my gross dividend yield website. Here are the retail options...quite a few are struggling. Personally I don't like BRG for a number of reasons. WHS has performed very well for me and I will continue to buy in weakness. AS I have said before .."she may not be the prettiest girl in the room but she loves me".
    Retail
    Company Name
    (Click on name to
    go to their website)
    Share Symbol Dividend
    Re-
    investment
    Program
    Type of Business Dividend History Dividends
    per share
    last year
    in NZD
    Dividend
    yield
    %
    Price
    History
    Current
    Price
    NZD
    Important
    Notes
    Briscoe Group BGR No Retail Details... 0.135 4.660 Details... 2.900 Details...
    Colonial Motor CMO No Retail Details... 0.350 5.560 Details... 6.300 None
    Hallenstein Glasson HLG No Retail Details... 0.285 8.770 Details... 3.250 None
    Kathmandu Holdings KMD No Retail Details... 0.120 8.330 Details... 1.440 Details...
    Kirkcaldie & Stains KRK No Retail Details... 0.000 0.000 Details... 1.680 None
    Metro Performance Glass MPG Retail None 0.000 0.000 Details... 1.790 Details...
    Michael Hill Intl MHI No Retail Details... 0.065 5.420 Details... 1.200 None
    Pumpkin Patch PPL No Retail Details... 0.000 0.000 Details... 0.280 None
    Retva Ltd. PPG No Retail Details... 0.000 0.000 Details... 0.000 Details...
    Smiths City SCY No Retail Details... 0.035 6.480 Details... 0.540 None
    Veritas Investments VIL No Retail Details... 0.082 7.770 Details... 1.050 None
    Warehouse Group WHS No Retail Details... 0.190 6.600 Details... 2.880 None
    Z Energy Ltd. ZEL No Retail Details... 0.220 4.410 Details... 4.990 Details...

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    Take your points.
    Surely BGR is better than WHS over any term.
    I do think it is important to position yourself in the right sectors. Clearly retail has been suffering as it has headwinds are long term. Much like newspapers and traditional media, wouldn't you wish to avoid them altogether? Maybe another thread for this discussion?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    Can I quote this when I'm explaining the difference between trading and investing couta…… but agree, better to be collecting income off a stock that is in the red…..than collecting nothing off a stock that is in the red.

Not saying one strategy is better than the other, just saying which I prefer…….not saying I never have an red to contemplate by the way?
    Have you every considered investing in a stock that is growing earnings and dividends,which keeps driving the sp upwards?