sharetrader
Page 194 of 733 FirstFirst ... 94144184190191192193194195196197198204244294694 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 7330

when you compare relative performance of the retail stocks in nz last 4yrs bgr is actually the best stock to have owned followed by mhi , whs is second to last
    performance would include divs + cap gain
    one step ahead of the herd

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace D View Post
    Absolutely, and I hear what you are saying, and very valid advice…..lot's of people should listen too it.

I was commenting on the fact Couta seemed to be in the red on such investments, in a nice way and having a bit of fun with my trading preference, we all have different approaches. I have read many times about Birmaboy and his average buy price of certain stocks over the years and the dividends he receives, with his average well below market…..so no problem with people value investing.

I am sure you are one that has lot's of those scenario's, and trust me I read everything you guy's are saying from a fundamental perspective, just saying my accumulations are for a different purpose. I am just a newbie and would like to keep posting?
    Welcome aboard Wallace D.
    Nice to have a newbie to fill the space left by our dearly departed banned friend BFG,formally known as Moosie,who often posted on the same threads as you.!
    Last edited by percy; 02-04-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Advanced Member

Thanks Birmanboy - useful tables, I hold WHS, HLG & KMD I kind of also include TME in my retail holdings.

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Thanks Birmanboy - useful tables, I hold WHS, HLG & KMD I kind of also include TME in my retail holdings.
    Yes good table/website Birman. Tim, I own WHS and TME and think of TME as retail as well.

In my opinion TME is not a retailer, it is providing a platform and service/facilitating sellers and buyers getting together as opposed to directly selling to buyers. So bit of a jump to refer to them as retailers. However not really that important so don't let me stop your classification. The important thing is are you happy with its performance
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Yes good table/website Birman. Tim, I own WHS and TME and think of TME as retail as well.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Just thought I would share my dividend check with you......that's right $6,000,000 (give or take a few dollars) and that's after tax.... oh wait sorry...they must have sent me the Pascoes check by mistake..... Now that's a dividend..... Still happy with mine but suffering badly from "mines not as big as yours" syndrome.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Just thought I would share my dividend check with you......that's right $6,000,000 (give or take a few dollars) and that's after tax.... oh wait sorry...they must have sent me the Pascoes check by mistake..... Now that's a dividend..... Still happy with mine but suffering badly from "mines not as big as yours" syndrome.
    You do not know the Norman's debt,so the size of their net divie may be a lot less than your's.!!!

Guru

Just received an email regarding WHS bond issue, replacing the $100m they have on issue at present, maturing 15/6/15. No mention of yield as going through a 'bookbuild' process, and will giving maturing holders the ability to roll them over. Over-subscriptions up to $125m

Last traded based on a 6% yield (with only just over a month left on them), but coupon of 7.37%. Expect this time around that would be a bit less these days....depending on appetite.....

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    anyway ticketing issues looked wide spread on observation probably a head office thing instead of a store issue I would think
    If you could quickly and accurately ascertain the price of an item by glancing at it you might want to purchase it which could lead to all sorts of supply chain, staffing and stocking issues. Being charged prices that in no way relates to the ticketed prices or any promotional offer, finding stock out of place and reluctant staff who are daydreaming about the end of their shift is all part of the warehouses unique charm. Remove those quirks and it would just be some sort of industrial building lots of people regularly frequent to purchase things.

its a common problem found in a lot of retail so is not a unique issue, I wouldn't consider it good retail
    one step ahead of the herd