sharetrader
Page 197 of 733 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297697 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 7326

As Clint would say "are you feeling lucky punk"... could do anything (and probably will do? Looking at 5 year chart looks like good time to be buying but what about all the other variables... As you say Pascoes, NZ dollar drops making imports more expensive, flattish sales etc. However keeps giving a nice dividend(even nicer buying now). If I had any loose change I would be adding a few but portfolio is full and pockets are empty.
    WHS.NZX - The Warehouse Group Limited Ordinary Shares
    Chart period: 1 Month 3 Months 6 Months 1 Year 2 Years 3 Years 5 Years Adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    Share price bouncing around one year's low. Watching and wondering if Pascoe ready to make their next move. Could be 40 cents upside if they decide to go for 50%?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

new CEO with wow credentials

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/223422.pdf

Hope he does better than previous 2 foreigners (mind you one was almost qualified as a local)

Shareholders saw a decent drop in WHS shareprice during both of these gentlemen's tenure

This time is different though
    Last edited by winner69; 27-10-2015 at 09:13 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Looks he looks like he has the talent and experience. Some creative licence taken here in my opinion.
    Chairman Ted van Arkel said that Nick is a highly qualified retailer with extensive international experience and the skills required to drive profitable growth for TWG from the strong foundations that have been built.
    Disc - not a holder..only time will tell if this tired old brand can be successfully reinvigorated. New broom to sweep out some tired old products and ways of doing things...restructuring costs anyone ?

Edit, opps no sorry, I see they have had a $100m refresh programme so we're all good on the freshness of the brand, gee giving things a lick of fresh paint isn't cheap anymore is it ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-10-2015 at 09:28 AM.

W. , Confucius (he's also a foreigner) say SP is merely transitory and no self respecting long term investor will measure worth on shifting sands...true value is measured in return to shareholders in the form of dividends. Only prerequisite is to be able to outlive average wave length of SP cycle. Sears is an American icon. However Kmart bought out Sears in 2005 so he would have had good experience in a discounting/volume environment. Below is 5 year chart for Sears Holdings and underneath WHS...so a similar trajectory. Even a trader could make money here!!!! AND as a dividend its returning me over 10% gross. Secret is (IMHO) buy when its low and accumulate....but then I would say that wouldn't I.

WHS.NZX - The Warehouse Group Limited Ordinary Shares
    Chart period: 1 Month 3 Months 6 Months 1 Year 2 Years 3 Years 5 Years Adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    new CEO with wow credentials

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/223422.pdf

Hope he does better than previous 2 foreigners (mind you one was almost qualified as a local)

Shareholders saw a decent drop in WHS shareprice during both of these gentlemen's tenure

This time is different though
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    . Secret is (IMHO) buy when its low and accumulate....but then I would say that wouldn't I.
    In my view: buy when you believe the story and sell when you don't. I just don't think the "turn-around" story is really believable anymore.

You don't have to be a believer to make money in the sharemarket...in fact I would argue that actually inhibits success. When we examine our results that's the real measure of whether something has been worthwhile. I've believed in many things over the years such as GFF being a sure bet with food products as a staple... )oh well). I also don't believe in shopping at the WHS much but it sure has been a consistent producer of dividends. However everyone has their own methods so live and learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    In my view: buy when you believe the story and sell when you don't. I just don't think the "turn-around" story is really believable anymore.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

You don't have to be a believer to make money in the sharemarket...in fact I would argue that actually inhibits success. When we examine our results that's the real measure of whether something has been worthwhile. I've believed in many things over the years such as GFF being a sure bet with food products as a staple... )oh well). I also don't believe in shopping at the WHS much but it sure has been a consistent producer of dividends. However everyone has their own methods so live and learn.
    I agree, everyone has their own methods, and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for other people. You can buy share price "trends", or you can buy "dividends" but neither means anything in my view without "growth". Where is WHS growth going to come from?

Ok, so what you want is a Ryman with dividends? Bit limiting in my opinion however I'm sure they are waiting to be found. Mature business quite often run out of growth prospects so return good dividends to compensate. Very difficult to grow mature, large business without some risk and I would rather see WHS going about its business gradually and responsibly. Doesn't matter whether you make money out of growth or dividends..just comes down to philosophy and life circumstances. Dismissing any company as being "unworthy" is a bit simplistic. Your view is just as valid as mine but needs to be recognised as being what it is...yours and as such is framed in and around your circumstances. Other views work in the same fashion. Many investors spend thousands of man hours trying to find the "perfect investment" which returns dividends, shows good growth and consistently rising SP. IN the meantime there are many companies ,such as WHS, doing the job and paying the bills. Expecting a mature business to find "growth" is a bit optimistic so I can see why some would not consider it as a good investment. Important to recognise it what it is as opposed to what you believe it should be.
    I agree, everyone has their own methods, and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for other people. You can buy share price "trends", or you can buy "dividends" but neither means anything in my view without "growth". Where is WHS growth going to come from?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Ok, so what you want is a Ryman with dividends?
    Hmmmmm... I hesitate to suggest AIR?

Yes I would hesitate as well ..........however suggest anything you want...it needs to stand up to scrutiny however. AIR cal yr ended 2014 dividend was 20cents giving good current yield %...previous 6/7years dividend never got over 8.5 cents. Fuel goes up, passengers down, div goes back to 3%? One year of good results is promising..but show me 8 years worth of solid high yield divs and I'll consider it. As I said depends on your circumstances and not for me but for you maybe its the holy grail. At the risk of repeating myself WHS is unsexy but reliable.
    Hmmmmm... I hesitate to suggest AIR?
    www.dividendyield.co.nz