sharetrader
Page 202 of 733 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Big plus for JB and Harvey N....
    I don't think it will be a big plus for anyone really,they would have been losing to competition for a while,and judging by how busy they were over xmas (deserted) the competition would already have brought a lot of these sales gains (if any) to account.
    When competition bites in retail it is a gradual thing building momentum over a period of time,by the time this company went into receivership the sales had already been spread elsewhere. JCar might win a tiny bit but as above already.

Banned

Wont be long jcar will be owned by the warehouse, as well as jb hi fi etc etc. I wish they would stop paying goodwill to buy more businesses. As someone said before they should get peak efficiency and sound expansion from what they already have. Am break even on my holding on whs at the moment, and am awaiting the results and increased dividend with baited breath.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Wont be long jcar will be owned by the warehouse, as well as jb hi fi etc etc. I wish they would stop paying goodwill to buy more businesses. As someone said before they should get peak efficiency and sound expansion from what they already have. Am break even on my holding on whs at the moment, and am awaiting the results and increased dividend with baited breath.
    I don't expect WHS to be in the market for JB Hifi for a while yet. The latter has a M/Cap of over AUD2b, a bit much for the Red Sheds, I would think!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I don't expect WHS to be in the market for JB Hifi for a while yet. The latter has a M/Cap of over AUD2b, a bit much for the Red Sheds, I would think!

Being flippant for extra effect. Or is it exagerating for effect.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Being flippant for extra effect. Or is it exagerating for effect.
    Yessss...... I rather thought that might be the case. A lot of posts get taken rather literally though, particularly if made with a straight face!

Cheers

Not sure, whether relevant, but from a technical perspective: WHS just passed the golden cross. Fireworks anyone? Percy, it fits your buying criteria ...

Last time it did this (passing the GC), the share was in for a quite healthy uptrend - and just following the MA50 and MA 200 seemed to work quite well with this stock.

On the other hand ... the up trend so far is "quite flat", and not sure, whether retail is at the moment the dream industry to be invested in. Competition by Internet shopping and the recent Dick Smith debacle springing to mind.

Thoughts?

Discl: not holding ... and not sure either, whether this is now the right time to jump of the fence to pick up a retail stock.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Thoughts?
    Interestingly consumer credit is now growing at only 3.3% (Y/Y%) according to RBNZ which is sharply down and now less than half the pace of Agri (8.6%), Business (7.5%) or Housing (7.8%).

Well the GX seems to be firmly in place. Recent activity would suggest the market(whoever that mystical character is) anticipates a good half year report so we will have to wait until tomorrow to find out. Also first opportunity for new CEO to impress or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not sure, whether relevant, but from a technical perspective: WHS just passed the golden cross. Fireworks anyone? Percy, it fits your buying criteria ...

Last time it did this (passing the GC), the share was in for a quite healthy uptrend - and just following the MA50 and MA 200 seemed to work quite well with this stock.

On the other hand ... the up trend so far is "quite flat", and not sure, whether retail is at the moment the dream industry to be invested in. Competition by Internet shopping and the recent Dick Smith debacle springing to mind.

Thoughts?

Discl: not holding ... and not sure either, whether this is now the right time to jump of the fence to pick up a retail stock.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Well the GX seems to be firmly in place. Recent activity would suggest the market(whoever that mystical character is) anticipates a good half year report so we will have to wait until tomorrow to find out. Also first opportunity for new CEO to impress or not.
    Or market is anticipating an announcement on merger between Farmers and WHS?

We all have our wish lists Balance. Just on your thesis I couldn't see a material benefit to WHS on such a merger. They have all the retail space they require and Farmers have their own brand so likely to want to keep that identity. The Normans have always said their SH in WHS was an investment but as we know 'investment' can have many interpretations. We are a suspicous lot so maybe Normans just parking cash for a decent return in this low interest environment. Who knows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Or market is anticipating an announcement on merger between Farmers and WHS?