sharetrader
Page 204 of 733 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214254304704 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 7330

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Best result for years

Bit strange that after such an awesome 1st half (+22% compared to last year) the 2nd half is only going 'to be in line' with last year.
    They are learning to under-deliver and over-deliver?

No pay rise for Birman though
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

But still attractive given interest rates continue to slide

Good to see Torpedo7 now doing so well and online sales increasing. I get business shirts on sale for $14 online and order packs of 48 rolls of bog paper for $10 per pack. Quality is fine for both. Oh, I also get my protein powder from shotgun.co.NZ, another one of our companies.

WHS online businesses operate brilliantly.

Guru

I think I would personally account for quite a bit of the increase in T7's turnover. It's all those emails for that stuff at bargain prices that I never knew I really needed!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I think I would personally account for quite a bit of the increase in T7's turnover. It's all those emails for that stuff at bargain prices that I never knew I really needed!
    Know that feeling, had to unsubscribe from 1 day deals and Warehouse specials.

Settled into a good place W...so mustn't grumble. Look at those TD rates and be thankful. I wouldn't be surprised to see some significant SP movement up in the next year.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Settled into a good place W...so mustn't grumble. Look at those TD rates and be thankful. I wouldn't be surprised to see some significant SP movement up in the next year.
    Yep, getting harder and harder to find yield. Property probably fully priced in the near term which basically leaves corporate bonds as the other option apart from divvies from shares

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Or market is anticipating an announcement on merger between Farmers and WHS?
    Just as a follow up I took a look at the shareholding as reported September A/R as had forgotten details. As we all know W/W are out. Summary of holdings: 81.54% top 20 SH, 18.46% the rest. Tindall and Foundation 48.32%, Tindall etc as trustees 2.07%. James Pascoe 16.44% and F/Stuffs 8.97%. If the Normans have any aspirations at all they would have to pick up F/Stuffs 8.97% giving them 25.41%. To then launch a T/O bid would require an awful amount of leverage. Nothing new in this info but thought useful as a reminder.

https://www.nzx.com/companies/WHS/announcements/282310

This update looked good to me. It's great seeing the online business side of things doing so well. Last week on their Red Alert sale page they were selling Guess bags for just $30. It was an unbelievable price and they sold out of them in a couple of hours. Here's an example of a bag they were selling for $30 which you can find for $100US elsewhere on the net: http://www.findmallbuy.com/guess-nak...-multi-p-2460/

I assume at $30 a bag it was last season stock. Nonetheless, for me it says the Warehouse is really trying to fight fire with fire. Their online stores are superb and they seem to be able to source excellent brands at competitive prices. I'm off to the gym now wearing my $20 Warehouse shoes and with my shake mixed with protein from www.shotgun.co.nz.

Hey, if you own the company why not go full immersion