sharetrader
Page 204 of 205 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205 LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 3067

Thread: WHS

  1. #3046
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    chch, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Was talking to a warehouse person the other day, according to him deliveries before xmas were about a week behind as they struggled to cope with the higher than expected numbers. So if that is anything to go by then they may have done better than expected, online at least.

  2. #3047
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Was talking to a warehouse person the other day, according to him deliveries before xmas were about a week behind as they struggled to cope with the higher than expected numbers. So if that is anything to go by then they may have done better than expected, online at least.
    That sounds encouraging.

  3. #3048
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    chch, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Yeah it not just them either, couriers all had more parcels than expected, they were caught on the hop by black Friday, this year it really exploded

  4. #3049
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    148

    Default

    well let's wait and see. I'm a bit reluctant when it come to retail given the new in OZ about brands in trouble. In fact I think I'm going to sell WHS once it recovers a bit from my buying price.

  5. #3050
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    well let's wait and see. I'm a bit reluctant when it come to retail given the new in OZ about brands in trouble. In fact I think I'm going to sell WHS once it recovers a bit from my buying price.
    Forget this pup and buy the best of breed being HLG.

  6. #3051
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Forget this pup and buy the best of breed being HLG.
    I think I missed the train with HLG.

  7. #3052
    always learning ... BlackPeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Canterbury
    Posts
    5,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    I think I missed the train with HLG.
    Its a cyclical ... the next time will come ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

  8. #3053
    Trying to get outta here
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Its a cyclical ... the next time will come ;
    But how many years will he have to wait. Lol

  9. #3054
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    25,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Its a cyclical ... the next time will come ;
    Originally posted by couta:

    But how many years will he have to wait, lol

    Different points of view

    I reckon one with a rear view mirror view and the other with a forward looking view based on a changing world
    Last edited by winner69; 24-01-2020 at 05:44 PM.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  10. #3055
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Different points of view

    I reckon one with a rear view mirror view and the other with a forward looking view based on a changing world
    Would you mind explaining a bit more please?.

  11. #3056
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    25,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MauroNZ View Post
    Would you mind explaining a bit more please?.
    BP’s view is that because HLG has shown cyclical behaviour in the past it will continue to so into the future ...and he has said a few times it’s at or near the top of the cycle currently (code for the share price may go down soon)

    Couta’s view is that strong future growth in Australia (and maybe their ability to successfully adapt to changing retail trends) will mitigate any short to medium term ‘cyclical’ pressures (code for the share price will hold up if not improve in the medium term)


    When growth stops in Australia BP might be right ...HLG might become cyclical again
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  12. #3057
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    BP’s view is that because HLG has shown cyclical behaviour in the past it will continue to so into the future ...and he has said a few times it’s at or near the top of the cycle currently (code for the share price may go down soon)

    Couta’s view is that strong future growth in Australia (and maybe their ability to successfully adapt to changing retail trends) will mitigate any short to medium term ‘cyclical’ pressures (code for the share price will hold up if not improve in the medium term)


    When growth stops in Australia BP might be right ...HLG might become cyclical again
    Thank you very much Winner, I appreciate it.

  13. #3058
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    25,493

    Default

    Warehouse going to war - the Leadership Squad has been appointed - to act in an agile way

    Cool

    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/347876
    Last edited by winner69; 03-02-2020 at 02:20 PM.
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  14. #3059
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bolivia.
    Posts
    1,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Warehouse going to war - the Leadership Squad has been appointed - to act in an agile way

    Cool

    https://www.nzx.com/announcements/347876
    Maybe the current COO isn't agile enough?? https://www.nzx.com/announcements/347804

  15. #3060
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    WHS looking real cheap to me on the back of trading update. No material supply issues or impact expected on FY20.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •