sharetrader
Page 205 of 733 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 7330

Comment taken from NBR site.

I see the Red Sheds are now mirroring the Briscoe type advertising, so I guess they are predicting a significant lift in profits?? Briscoes advertise up to 60% off a lot of stuff, the only problem is 60% off what? my experience is the clouds up in the Sky because that is where their prices start at, and at years end the Annual bottom line show's that their returns are getting near 50% so that tells you the story doesn't it, my experience with the Red Sheds is now very similar, they have also got their prices up into the clouds and therefore have started to advertise 20-60% off so obviously Pascoe's are punting on record profits for the next trading year, another example was this years Easter Egg crop at the Red Shed, what was $20-25 last year was $35-40 this year, so be warned people there are going to be some very good retail profit returns next year, and here is another tip, the Woolworths return to shareholder's is going to go through the roof at almost 50% last year, this one is going to dwarf that one watch and see. you only have to look at their price increases post the min wage increase announcement to work that out, and let me tell you, anyone on the min wage which in this country is one hell of a lot of you,well every single cent of your increase was taken back off you by the Food Supermarkets via their price increases!!! your net gain was below zero!!

I see The Stormin Normans added another 3 million odd shares to their position..getting close to 18% or so I believe. "just an investment"...yeh right... The long plan yet to be revealed but of great interest since will no doubt have a big impact on what's happening in the retail area. So merely by taking over, improving and and running the jewellery areas in the WHS stores they would gain 92 plus outlets. Lets guess and say 200,000 turnover per outlet this makes 18.5 million additional turnover. Very attractive to both the Normans and WHS if profit share of some sort arranged. Or lets say the Normans are positioning themselves to cash up their holdings..at that time of life..as one does...and are working to be taken over, bought out, or folded into WHS. 38 Pascoes jewellery stores in NZ, Not counting Stewart Dawsons, average rental 60,000 PA? so close those and you save 2 million plus just in rental. JUST SPECULATION mind you..this is what makes this so interesting..so many possibilities. not to mention all the Prouds Jewellery stores in OZ as well as Farmers etc. You don't "invest" in someone else's business and get 7% when you can invest in your own and get 20%.....so yet to be divulged but the bottom line has to be an increase in SP when this unfolds. Just the old ugly sisters, what, if and when.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    I see The Stormin Normans added another 3 million odd shares to their position..getting close to 18% or so I believe. "just an investment"...yeh right... The long plan yet to be revealed but of great interest since will no doubt have a big impact on what's happening in the retail area. So merely by taking over, improving and and running the jewellery areas in the WHS stores they would gain 92 plus outlets. Lets guess and say 200,000 turnover per outlet this makes 18.5 million additional turnover. Very attractive to both the Normans and WHS if profit share of some sort arranged. Or lets say the Normans are positioning themselves to cash up their holdings..at that time of life..as one does...and are working to be taken over, bought out, or folded into WHS. 38 Pascoes jewellery stores in NZ, Not counting Stewart Dawsons, average rental 60,000 PA? so close those and you save 2 million plus just in rental. JUST SPECULATION mind you..this is what makes this so interesting..so many possibilities. not to mention all the Prouds Jewellery stores in OZ as well as Farmers etc. You don't "invest" in someone else's business and get 7% when you can invest in your own and get 20%.....so yet to be divulged but the bottom line has to be an increase in SP when this unfolds. Just the old ugly sisters, what, if and when.
    Just luv your posts BB. It defies logic that Normans not in WHS other than to have a crack at it. For any bid to be in play seemingly JP would have to pick up sufficient shares from the only remaining SSH (F/Stuffs) but would they be a willing seller at current SP-I guess not so maybe this point under negotiation. Then if this hurdle overcome and a bid is forthcoming I just can't see Tindall rolling over and we could see a bidding war. Again just speculation but us minority SH always looking for something positive. On the flip side Mr market not showing any sign of this possibilty but as WHS could be regarded as a tightly held stock could be a factor.

An attempt to supress SP today?. Currently 3 sellers totalling 442 shares??

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitrev View Post
    Oops forgot to add at $2.76

Veteran novice

No evidence of "suppression". Turnover in WHS has been a measly 15,000 shares. Just no-one looking to sell, as sometimes happens!

Yes Trev...get in behind mate....and my shares are being tightly clenched there as well. Personally I am thinking the Normans are looking for leverage to be bought out of not only their WHS but also their other holdings.....but that's just me. They have been heading the business since 1980..thats 36 years so they must be well in their late 60's early 70's. Very difficult selling a jewellery related business..who and where are the buyers so not an easy task. They do have children involved in the business's but its a huge business holding so a lot of money tied up there...well over half a billion. Watch this space..well not this one because we will be last ones to find out.
    Just luv your posts BB. It defies logic that Normans not in WHS other than to have a crack at it. For any bid to be in play seemingly JP would have to pick up sufficient shares from the only remaining SSH (F/Stuffs) but would they be a willing seller at current SP-I guess not so maybe this point under negotiation. Then if this hurdle overcome and a bid is forthcoming I just can't see Tindall rolling over and we could see a bidding war. Again just speculation but us minority SH always looking for something positive. On the flip side Mr market not showing any sign of this possibilty but as WHS could be regarded as a tightly held stock could be a factor.
    Last edited by BIRMANBOY; 21-06-2016 at 03:50 PM.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

Advanced Member

Here it is WHS. Nothing in 3 months.

Good to see you adding something to nothing SW.......since your something is actually zero then that would be a grand total of.....yep ..still nothing.. if you look at 2year chart however has been on a steady trajectory upward for a year now...that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Here it is WHS. Nothing in 3 months.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz

I'm quietly optimistic about the Warehouse. Economy is booming. Hopefully people have been spending up large in the red sheds and online.

I buy business shirts ($12 on special); shoes; bog paper and Christmas gifts are always in the form of WHS gift cards so I do my bit. Recently I bought a nice bracelet reduced from $700 to $200 and gave it to a girl I was trying to woo, and she is still with me so I thank the Warehouse for that.

WHS new credit cards are rated the best in the country according to a Stuff article a few months back.