sharetrader
Page 3 of 733 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

I wouldn't buy WHS at over 10x earnings at the moment...

If they slipped under that, could be a definite contrarian play...

Remind you that 4th quarter salesa were dismal

Red Sheds up 7.3% - same store 4.2%
    Stationery down 5.6% with same stores down a whooping 17.3%
    Australia down 6.3% - same stores down 7.5%

Maybe the 1st quarter sales following the same trend and that is what is causing the latest weakness. Early November will this be confirmed?

When you consider that the Red Sheds 2nd half profitability was behind the prior year what real hope is there of improved profits this year?

Price deflation is a killer for the likes of WHS - especially when operating costs are going up.

Look at one of their recent catalogues - prices this year compared to 'last years price' are highlighted throughout. Something I saw was $75 this year compared to $88 last year - thats a lot less $ margin for WHS as well and the indications are they are not selling heaps more units to make up the shortfall.

Thats happening in the Red Sheds - the profit engine - not good news

Blue things sales didn't look too good in the 4th quarter did they? and the margins are getting pretty thin

And then there are the Yellow things - maybe losing less than the past? or does the spiral down continue?

With all this in mind isn't 400 expensive?

But then with all this money sloshing around it has to find a home somewhere - fundamentals don't matter
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

THE KING says the top 20 shareholders own 77% of Co there are 164 people making over $100,000 WITH the top bloke getting $1,330,000 this adds up then come the Rents on 249 stores before the $1 of profit we know its big in NZ but small in AUS so some better clear signals have to arrive soon other than % reports to support the current S/PRICE.. [^][^]

Testing $4 support now. Like many I think this could be good recovery share and have been waiting for some indication that the bad news has stopped. Of course, the real money is to be made or lost in buying before the next set of concrete news.
    Fantasy Premier League 2006/07, 2007/08, and 2008/09 Champion :-)

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - C&H

still not convinced about Australia gryf - have asked friends to go and check some of the Queensland stores and they refuse to visit! not a good sign
    try underwater salvage... cos its there... somewhere... maybe...

Indeed. I do remember though that you bought in last time the price got doen to around 410 and then it went North for a while before its recent plunge. Have you bailed on them or still holding?

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - C&H

got out of 3/4 of them at 437 - so enough to keep me interested - though have seen lack of commitment and ideas from management in last few months - a very bad sign. I love the NZ business (though since Kmart and Mitre 10 Mega came to town I am not often at a redshed) but I think the price is far to high - for some reason I have 3.20 in my head

3.20! Wow, I think I'll be in earlier than that but yet to really crunch any numbers. Sub 4 seems worth waiting for in case that triggers a dive.

3.20 is low yes - but look at ratios!! other places for my cash!!!

Fair enough. Right now I'm just panning ahead a little in case I get out of TWR but no hurry.