sharetrader
Page 34 of 733 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134534 ... LastLast

quote:Originally posted by Placebo

Meanwhile....

WHS has crept back up through $4. Well done to those who bought in at around $3.50. The question going forward is, is this a recovery with any momentum, or a dead cat bounce?
    oh oh oh chart please
    lets see if the ta's have a signal in their crystal ball(s)!!!!
    volumes up...price up...is there a buy signal just around the corner.
    ta's ......open ya trousers and have a look (no pictures please)

Closed above the 100 day moving average - I know it is a pretty basic indicator, but still one I always look at first.

Wouls be good to see a good chart..... from a knowledgeable TA poster....

Hate the stores but it certainly looks like it is nearing a buy, if it is not one already.

THE KING says for information only, had a visit to Warehouse Gosford. NSW. its located in an old Coles Building in main street that mean nothing because its not in a shopping mall 10 staff pointed right away they where moving across the road and into a Mall in May,, the shop was stocked to the gunnels but above K Mart prices but very little customers this $4 price looks suspect as AUS to my mind is not making money.. [^]

Advanced Member

FB,
    WHS has still not broken above its 2 year confirmed long-term trendline. It is still in a long-term downtrend, though it has been in a "medium-term" uptrend for about 2 months. It is, of course, possible to trade these secondary trends. I have plotted the trendlines and their associated Buy signals in light blue. Such signals are quite unsuitable for the "Buy and Hold" brigade - you can see that you would have lost money buying at these points and simply holding. You are also attempting to trade counter-trend. (Going Long on secondary trends, when the primary trend is down). This can be profitable, but you are fighting the market. These signals are quite suitable for short-term trading, though. You need to have discipline and a system that works - and I don't mean just a trailing stop or somesuch.
    When we look at the On Balance Volume plot, we can see that there is no unequivocal evidence of accumulation as yet. The OBV is still in a downtrend and still below its trendline. Notice, though, the high volume "Up" day of 27/1/05 (green arrow). WHS has never had such a high volume Up day before. Ever. This must be considered to be Bullish. In my opinion, WHS has bottomed out. I must point out that I thought the same when such good support appeared at around $4.00, but it went still lower, so what do I know?
    In short, good for a short-term punt, but not for conservative buyers as yet.

An excellent posting made while I was off getting flounders to put on the BBQ for tea...

Thanks.....

THE KING says The Head man sacks himself a couple of hours ago and not a word from the MOB.. [^][^][^]

I note the appointment of two UK executives into key positions. Heh. Step 1, appoint your mates as lieutenants.

Well the market likes them at the moment. Thoughts of potential 10% cost reductions must be prevailing? If they acheive this it clearly serves to illustrate the differing qualities of their Australian and New Zealand businesses.

The share price is now up over 22% since their earlier lows. They also appear to have broken the long term downtrend line in Phaedrus' chart above. I'm happy to miss out on this rise. Still too many fundamentals out of wack.

Tin-foil Hatter

-----------------------------------------
    WHS
    23/02/2005
    DIRECTOR

REL: 1001 HRS The Warehouse Group Limited

DIRECTOR: WHS: Resignation of founding director, key appointments made

THE WAREHOUSE GROUP LIMITED
    ANNOUNCES THE RESIGNATION OF A FOUNDING DIRECTOR

KEY APPOINTMENTS MADE

Auckland, 23rd February 2005 - The board of The Warehouse Group Limited has
    accepted the resignation of Glen Inger as an executive director following a
    highly successful 17 year career with the company, effective 6th May 2005.

Mr Inger has decided to step down from his board and senior management roles
    with The Warehouse Group Limited to devote more time to his family and his
    many and varied business interests, including farming and forestry.
    -------------------------------------

One of the best things that could have happened to whomever is (still) a WHS shareholder.

God - Please give us just one more bubble....

quote:Originally posted by rocking

quote:including farming and forestry.
    .. and other, less doomed interests.
    Sure you are not born a CYNIC, Rocking?
    Death will be reality, Life is just an illusion.