sharetrader
Page 98 of 733 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast

Was at AGM and the point made by a few shareholders is that there's no new blood on the board or new ideas from the management. It was all too much of "back to the future".

Latest results show the company increasing sales at expense of margins - any retailer can that!

Meanwhile, some of its competitors/other retailers are capturing increased market shares and expanding margins.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    If the company looks after its customers, the customers will look after the shareholders. Pretty simple really.
    Totally agree but how often is that the case. Institutional shareholders have too much say ..... To the long term detriment of many companies

Interesting the Myers head honcho decided to forgo growth the insto's wanted and said he would spend more on service/on line.stuff ... Good on him even if a bit late but in Myers case the greedy shareholders of old have screwed aust big time

#Totally agree but how often is that the case. Institutional shareholders have too much say ..... To the long term detriment of many companies#

But Sir Stephan Tindall own nearly 50% and WOW and Foodstuffs own 20 %. The institutional shareholders hold only a minority of shares and I think WHS lost its sense of direction.

Sparky thats not fair

WHS no lemon .... jeez it still makes $60m-$70m a year after tax on shareholder funds of $320m .... thats pretty good I reckon

Problem being people think the lemon should produce more juice

Guru

Master 14 and Miss 17 went to the WH with vouchers they were given yesterday. Came home empty handed. "Clothes not appealing and expensive, DVDS and music handed round at school for free and books better off bought on Book Depository or borrowed from the library."

percy

Quote Originally Posted by whirly View Post
    Master 14 and Miss 17 went to the WH with vouchers they were given yesterday. Came home empty handed. "Clothes not appealing and expensive, DVDS and music handed round at school for free and books better off bought on Book Depository or borrowed from the library."
    You can now look forward to your old age,knowing your children can make good choices.A credit to you and Mrs.Whirly.

Guru

I hate vouchers. I feel ripped off buying stuff even thought I didn't buy the voucher. Amazon, Wiggle, book depository, strawberrynet...
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Thanks Percy, Mrs Whirly is indeed proud. So I then asked if not the WhareWurri what to buy shares in. Internet Service Providers was the quick answer. Both kids have cellphones and netbooks and Master 14's penchant for video making and uploading and occasional forays into online gaming see our broadband quota decimated in short time.

percy

Thanks Percy, Mrs Whirly is indeed proud. So I then asked if not the WhareWurri what to buy shares in. Internet Service Providers was the quick answer. Both kids have cellphones and netbooks and Master 14's penchant for video making and uploading and occasional forays into online gaming see our broadband quota decimated in short time.
    may pay to get them to look at Estar thread,or get them to go to www.estaronline.com web page.