sharetrader
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

"Retard"

Geez, that's a bit harsh.

Ahem... Firstly - Woohoo!
    Have increased my holding twice in the last 3 weeks. Something (blind luck perhaps) told me something could be up.
    I wonder what this'll trade up to today. Given the cash position will be $3.85 a share, and that they still have a substantial busines in the the DMS and Gambia, I'm surprised it didn't open up near $4. I think I'll hold until it gets up to about that level at the very least.
    Well done holders!

Damo,

Most of that cash is earmarked for investment in capital spending on Donald and the TiO2 venture, so there is likely to be a discount built in to the sp.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    "Retard"

Geez, that's a bit harsh.

I was annoyed at the time because my leading bid for 10k shares at 2.80 on open got overtaken by bids for 60k or so of shares 1 minuted before trading started.

One thing I'm not too sure about is how much tax they'd have to pay on the sale of the plants. And whether it's under Chinese or Australian corporate jurisdiction. Management should have made some sort of indication.

So the first rule of Sharetrader is - don't say anything until it's too late. I will curb my impulses in future.

Quote Originally Posted by drworm View Post
    One thing I'm not too sure about is how much tax they'd have to pay on the sale of the plants. And whether it's under Chinese or Australian corporate jurisdiction. Management should have made some sort of indication.
    Good point.

They are Chinese companies that are being sold so no Australian CGT should be payable. The question would be whether there is capital gains tax on the sale of chinese shares...

Quote Originally Posted by SectorSurfa View Post
    thought you may enjoy this read TILA87

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/2007082...16w8wf4l9x.pdf
    Thanks, that was interesting.

ATR's report out today shows that we are lucky a sale agreement has been entered into.

It is difficult to understand why a revised forecast was not issued to the market. Surely they would have known that the company was going to miss its forecast by 20% !!!

TLA

From memory you picked somewhere around $14m NPAT a long while back? That's been pretty accurate.

And I replied that if so I thought ATR was heading to $1.50.

I think if not for the sale agreement ATR might be trading at those levels today (where my buy order would be lurking!).

The missed profit forecast raises the question of how much you can trust this management team with large amounts of cash.

I think that as this management created the wealth in the first place they could be trusted in the future.

Clearasmud