sharetrader
Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: NZSX50 Index

Quote Originally Posted by Jess9 View Post
    Is Phaedrus posting again? I miss P's input.
    See: http://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showthr...light=Phaedrus

Quote Originally Posted by gonzo56 View Post
    Thanks, hoped it had just been see ya later. P should take some of that time and write a book for numskulls like me. Its almost selfish not to continue to share his knowledge, skill , judgement and wit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess9 View Post
    Thanks, hoped it had just been see ya later. P should take some of that time and write a book for numskulls like me. Its almost selfish not to continue to share his knowledge, skill , judgement and wit.
    I think the information he has provided over the years could quite easily fill a book or two.

things are not looking good looks like the cap index wants to test the triple bottom. i think its only a matter of time before the arse litterally falls out of this market bit like a direa big gush to the downside probably just before xmas ?
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    things are not looking good looks like the cap index wants to test the triple bottom. i think its only a matter of time before the arse litterally falls out of this market bit like a direa big gush to the downside probably just before xmas ?
    It's a far better time for investing in the nzx50 than say late 2020 and 2021, especially if you account for inflation. No clue what is going to happen in the following couple years in the index though.

Investments

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/mark-l...JBC5VP6DUULTE/

Looks like he reads your posts ...directly answering your bearish thoughts ...

As I have mentioned previously. Some of the biggest stockmarket crashes have happened in October. 1929, 1987, 2008.... 2023 ?
    Last edited by Daytr; 23-09-2023 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/mark-l...JBC5VP6DUULTE/

Looks like he reads your posts ...directly answering your bearish thoughts ...
    When have you ever seen an equity investment manager say, now is not a good time for equities?
    Or even better now is a time to sell?
    They don't get paid to manage cash.

I agree. There are so many well managed and positioned for growth NZ Companies out there. The fund managers are just waiting for the buy signal from the big boss.

Alot of the pull back in the index is more to do with the previous hype and overvalued asset classes.

Property stocks, fast food companies, outrageous PE ratios from our largest companys FPH, Atm etc. Throw in the odd mismanaged company like FBU.

Overlay with the current Market risk and we end up where we are now.

I don't think it's blood in the streets. I think it's more like the hospital filling up with overweight patients from feasting and drinking too much.

The good times will be back.

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    When have you ever seen an equity investment manager say, now is not a good time for equities?
    Or even better now is a time to sell?
    They don't get paid to manage cash.
    To be fair to equity managers ...I did not see here also any expert / Guru advising anyone about over valued or over hyped markets even when funds like KFL were trading at 22 cents PREMIUM to NAV ...

So I dont expect them to say otherwise now also when they are more close to bottom then TOP

I dont really understand what is bearish callers views ...Are they trying to pick bottoms ? Or they trying to warn of 20-40% drop ahead or they just trying to scare people not to INVEST at this time .

TBH what u think this market will go to honestly ...25% down ? If thats the case then its worth getting out or wait for further INVESTMENTS but if u not sure or just maybe 5-10% types then making bearish calls at current levels dont make sense for investments ...trading maybe ...I know U and Bull are traders but not all are traders ...some still actually do investment for next 5-10 years ahead ...to them will it make much difference if they get in now or not ...Mark Lister is a highly respectable market analyst and people including me have lot of faith and belief in his views ...he has pretty unbiased views and explains nicely in simple language pros and cons of investing at any particular time .