sharetrader
Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Sharetrader Meeting-- Auckland

OK Auckland lets see if we can knock the socks off the CHC National Convention attendance.

The date will be September 1st Saturday 4pm so as not to clash with the Wellington meeting planned for the 8th.

Venue to be confirmed in a couple of days but will be in Ponsonby or Parnell/Newmarket area. (any suggestions)

1st September suits me...
    Just a suggestion... Cock 'n' Bull on cnr Khyber Pass and Kingdon Street.

YOTT
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

I cant make the 1st oiler... Ive got a bus trip to go and, and I will get murdered if I donot go... for real...
    I guess I will just head up for NZO AGM....
    Nakamoto means of Central origin ...

Hi oiler

I can make 1st September. Cock 'n' Bull sounds good.

The 1st sounds fine to me, as does Cock'n'Bull.

Of course from a strict beer quality perspective Galbraiths at the other end of Kyber Pass would be a better option. It also has parking outside and is very conversation friendly (i.e. no loud and annoying music).

On the other hand Newmarket is easier to get to on public transport.

OK we have a venue and it is the Cock & Bull at the bottom of Khyber Pass......Newmarket at 4pm Saturday.

Maybe we should ask them to change there name to the Bear & Bull

Sorry Shrewd one, the date didnt work for you this time however you will be the guest speaker at the next Auckland meeting along with brother Ser Pee.

I am sure there will be a lot of commiserating over how the market is/has treated everyone over the last week or so....

Come on Blues lets meet and drown our sorrows and celebrate our wins at the Cock and Bull

Hope to be there ......

In the meantime, this new Sharetrader web-site Suxxs ....

Why in Fuxxs name do we have to re-register, da barstuards woden let me hav me ol name !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Zorbah; 15-08-2007 at 07:26 PM.

Thumbs up Count me in

I'll be there, hope by then I'll be able to come with nothing which is proving hard at the mow given me negative bank balance...

Quote Originally Posted by oiler2 View Post
    OK we have a venue and it is the Cock & Bull at the bottom of Khyber Pass......Newmarket at 4pm Saturday.

Maybe we should ask them to change there name to the Bear & Bull

Sorry Shrewd one, the date didnt work for you this time however you will be the guest speaker at the next Auckland meeting along with brother Ser Pee.

I am sure there will be a lot of commiserating over how the market is/has treated everyone over the last week or so....

Come on Blues lets meet and drown our sorrows and celebrate our wins at the Cock and Bull
    Oiler

There is a bar in Wellington already called the Bull & Bear!

Quote Originally Posted by oiler2 View Post
    I'll be there Oiler. You've been awesome in supporting the ChCh meetings, and I'd like to return the favour and meet the fine Auckland traders.

Flights are booked.

The ChCh meetings have been really rewarding, and got going because people were willing to step out of the shadows and say gidday.
    If people intend to carry on trading for any length of time I'd encourage them to come along and meet like-minded people for a chat and a drink.

I know that Auckland is a big city, and it might be a pain to get across town, but it's not like you've got to catch a plane to get there!
    Last edited by Serpie; 15-08-2007 at 09:17 PM.