sharetrader
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Serpie View Post
    I'll be there Oiler. You've been awesome in supporting the ChCh meetings, and I'd like to return the favour and meet the fine Auckland traders.

Flights are booked.

The ChCh meetings have been really rewarding, and got going because people were willing to step out of the shadows and say gidday.
    If people intend to carry on trading for any length of time I'd encourage them to come along and meet like-minded people for a chat and a drink.

I know that Auckland is a big city, and it might be a pain to get across town, but it's not like you've got to catch a plane to get there!
    Adding on to Serpie's comments, was great to see Oiler, Serpie & Shrewd at the last Wellington event.

As a result i will attend a Christchurch event in the near future...

Very worthwhile & i hope the Auckland Sharetraders support the concept.
    Last edited by shasta; 15-08-2007 at 10:31 PM. Reason: Misspelling the garden city's name!

Quote Originally Posted by Serpie View Post
    I'll be there Oiler. You've been awesome in supporting the ChCh meetings, and I'd like to return the favour and meet the fine Auckland traders.

Flights are booked.

The ChCh meetings have been really rewarding, and got going because people were willing to step out of the shadows and say gidday.
    If people intend to carry on trading for any length of time I'd encourage them to come along and meet like-minded people for a chat and a drink.

I know that Auckland is a big city, and it might be a pain to get across town, but it's not like you've got to catch a plane to get there!
    Come on Auckland we cant have the "outsiders" coming just to build the numbers

I would have thought this market drift would have people wanting to share there losses or there positive market opportunities.

So far we we have 6 attendees

Come on Auckland...........!!!!!!! Cock & Bull, Newmarket

Blues don't forget the meeting at the Cock and Bull, Khyber Pass Rd. 4pm.

Come on Boysy join us.

I am sure there will be lots of tales of woe and there may even be someone with a success story.

Anymore takers ?

Guess its about time to do it again.

September or October?
    Whos in?
    and how about a new venue with better food? Im sure Oiler would second that idea after what happened to him last time

Hi, Impacman here. Have been a member for a little while but in an observing capacity only to date. Would be keen to catch up for a chat and put some faces to names etc. I enjoy the discussions and am keen to learn what I can. A bit of fun is always in order as well!.

Cheers,

Impacman.

Quote Originally Posted by impacman View Post
    Hi, Impacman here. Have been a member for a little while but in an observing capacity only to date. Would be keen to catch up for a chat and put some faces to names etc. I enjoy the discussions and am keen to learn what I can. A bit of fun is always in order as well!.

Cheers,

Impacman.
    Good on ya Impacman.

I will see who is keen and once we have a cosensus on which month everyone prefers I will throw out some dates.

So if anyone interested can throw a month/date and maybe a venue in their replies we can then sort it out in a bit more detail.

I noticed Boysy is in Auckland and Possumthecat just lives down the road from me. How about it fellas?

Hi Liz, Oiler, Serpie, Shrewd one and anyone else south of the Bombay Hills ( Shasta? ).
    Are any of you going to be up here over the next two months? If so perhaps we can fit the date in with you if you are keen.

Duncan, have you moved north yet and would you be into it in any case?
    Last edited by STRAT; 28-08-2008 at 01:20 PM.

I'm always a starter. As far as time is concerned, I'd prefer late Saturday afternoon (say 4.00pm) same as last time but am open to dates etc.

YOTT
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

Thanks for that Strat. I will wait for the dates and fit in around that. Know the Cav well so all go for that venue. Hear from you soon.

Impacman

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Guess its about time to do it again.

September or October?
    Whos in?
    and how about a new venue with better food? Im sure Oiler would second that idea after what happened to him last time
    Thanks for reminding me "friend" :o

Thanks for taking the lead on getting the Auckland meeting going. I wil be there

Lets set a date and run with it. I look forward to catching up with y'all and the all the new people looking to attend. Maybe Auckland can knock Christchurch of its high perch. Perhaps a change of venue will help

Oiler

Quote Originally Posted by Oiler View Post
    Thanks for reminding me "friend" :o

Thanks for taking the lead on getting the Auckland meeting going. I wil be there

Lets set a date and run with it. I look forward to catching up with y'all and the all the new people looking to attend. Maybe Auckland can knock Christchurch of its high perch. Perhaps a change of venue will help

Oiler
    Hi Oiler,
    I thought I would let any out of the town folk throw up some dates first. I know Liz and yourself come up from time to time and if its all the same to us up here we might as well try and fit in with anyone who has a preferred date. I think Macca is one of the out of town people now too.
    Last edited by STRAT; 28-08-2008 at 07:30 PM.