sharetrader
Page 117 of 172 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1715

Thread: FBU Chart.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Thumbs down A Profit Is Not Accepted In His Own Land

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Was there no indication in any technical indictor? Did I just get lucky again?
    Well, given that you ignored the Tiger Says It's Over Indicator on the 28th Mar you are damn lucky.

This is where we need Phaedrus, he could always tell you where you went wrong.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Was there no indication in any technical indictor? Did I just get lucky again?
    You teasing us all again belg ... I'll take the bait .... no you weren't lucky, you were very astute and used technical indicators to set your stop losses
    True guru stuff ... sorry stuff legends are made off

Technically I think that the man in control worked out that moosie had fat fingers so had to make an extra large handle for the cup ....

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

I could argue that the uptrend has been broken.

However...
    If I had have bought into FBU between August and November (I did not) I would not necessarily have sold out now given the size of the recent pullback.

Best wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Well, given that you ignored the Tiger Says It's Over Indicator on the 28th Mar you are damn lucky.

This is where we need Phaedrus, he could always tell you where you went wrong.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Well luckily for me Phaedrus is not here otherwise he would be PMing me every 10 minutes telling me off big time.
    Yes PT you are spot on...I guess you will tell me where I went wrong instead..eh?

As for telling people off I will start with myself first...
    Here's my little disaster story.... I got smart!!!.... and tried to pre-empt the yellow channel breakout after I read in the NZ Herald that the CHCH earthquake costs were $10 billion more than predicted..I quickly stuck in my buy order.... I bought in on the 29th and 30th April for $8.71 and by the end of the 30th April day I was very smug as FBU closed at $8.84..I was up 13cents on the day ... I told myself that this media release will be the kicker to break that down trending (yellow) rectangle channel..
    1st May down FBU went ...not just down but gapped down

Where did I go wrong????... I listened to the media...I applied false logic....I broke my own discipline rules.....I ignored my TA discipline to wait for the break / buy signals...I ignored PT

....Idiot!!!....

As of this moment it has again successfully failed to break out of the bottom of the descending rectangle (around the 7.95 area) and has bounced off it to back at $7.99 (down 4c intraday)

Below the chart has the FBU price as candlesticks

Last edited by Hoop; 06-05-2013 at 01:06 PM.

Just look at the FA and you won't need to bother with all that.
    Comparative (over time and against other stocks and prospective) Gross dividend yield, comparative P/Es together with the marked lack of enthusiasm by FBU executives for anything other than the bottom of the prospective EBITDA range.
    I've been bleating for ages that FBU is vastly overvalued (still is) and TEL is vastly undervalued....

Oh really? Please provide posts.
    Major said that Telecom was amazing and FBU was a dog 8 months ago, TEL was then 2.85+, FBU 6.00-... now look where we are.
    ~ * ~ De Peones a Reinas ~ * ~

Boral profit downgrade in Aussie

Things bit tough at the moment eh

Dilettante

Nick Smith this morning announcing an inquiry into pricing of building materials in NZ. Overdue and welcome in my view but could be a concern for FBU !

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Nick Smith this morning announcing an inquiry into pricing of building materials in NZ. Overdue and welcome in my view but could be a concern for FBU !
    Depends where they go with this but in the short term it will put some uncertainty into the shareprice.

On The Nation, she kept mentioning pink batts. When I re-insulated my house, I got three quotes, non of which were for pink batts. Looks like there is enough competition there.

The issue from what I understand is that building products must meet certain NZ building standards. This stops the import of overseas products in most situations as they dont want to pay to get certified. This should be looked at but care needs to be taken that we dont get another 'leaky building' situation.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

belgarion until they have some true competition. It will be imposable to get a true indication of value.
    Last edited by POSSUM THE CAT; 14-05-2013 at 07:19 PM.
    Possum The Cat