sharetrader
Page 2 of 172 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: FBU Chart.

I heard on tv this morning FBU are going to sell some of there properties. Can anyone tell me more. Thanks in advance

Speculation and market rumours. Do you really believe media reports? FBU are more likely to be buying properties than selling them...

This is the sort of news that is really worth taking note of http://www.stuff.co.nz/4216951a13.html
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by nissan View Post
    I heard on tv this morning FBU are going to sell some of there properties. Can anyone tell me more. Thanks in advance
    Any property sales/purchases by FBU are unlikely to be material to their earnings/prospects.

Sydney Morning Herald report that FBU may sell and lease back some properties.

Speculation.
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

In that case, I called it smart management~
    Whether or not FBU also anticipating property value to be lower in the coming years?
    Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler.
    --- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    Sydney Morning Herald report that FBU may sell and lease back some properties.

Speculation.
    It may well be speculation in that I believe they recently bought back there HO land and buildings on Great South Road Penrose from Goodman Properties for $29m????

Default FBU going down....

The share price seems to be tanking ATM with some sustained selling going on. All the news from the company appears to have positive recently so what's this all about. I've got no intention of selling, I'm just worried that the market seems to know something I don't!

Any ideas out there?

There was some bad news released by citicorp on Sunday - Markets in Asia are tanking as we speak. I bought FBU today at 1169 but was out within minutes.

A question for those in the know - How exposed is Formica to the US residential slowdown? My knowledge of laminates is very limited, all I know is that the laminates produced in NZ are mainly for residential structural use as glulam.
    Disclaimer: Do not take my posts seriously. They are only opinions.

AMR has sold all shares and is pursuing property.

Advanced Member

Default FBU Tanking?

Tanking :- "to suffer rapid decline, failure, or collapse"
    Charts like this help to put the current weakness into perspective. Bloodbath? Meltdown? Carnage? Blood on the floor? Tanking?
    Nah - it's business as usual.

The chart below shows a wide assortment of long-term trend indicators. You can see from these that technically, FBU is still in a longterm uptrend, and is currently no weaker than it has been half a dozen or more times over the years. FBU has now fallen about 13% since its May peak. Long-term holders of this stock have at times had to withstand drops of double that magnitude if they wished to continue holding. If this is more volatility than you are ready, willing or able to withstand, you have two alternatives. One is to get out of the sharemarket altogether. The other is to trade the stock. This would, of course, require a different set of indicators and a different mindset. The bottom line being that you are wasting your time trading FBU unless you are able to beat "buying and holding" returns.
    People often claim that TA is only useful for trading and is quite unsuitable for the longer term. This chart gives the lie to that. TA got you into this stock over 6 years ago in early 2001 - and has kept you in ever since. It will continue to keep you in, so long as the uptrend continues.
    The time WILL come when FBU breaks its long uptrend and gives Sell signals. Not today though!

Default Tanked?? I must have meant a shallow dive.

Thanks Phaedrus, interesting what a difference a long-term perspective makes. Where would your indicators have to move to break the long-term trend?