sharetrader

Threaded View

In some point NZmarket also will have correction. But we cannot predict 100% exactly when? I think it is time to think about some ideas of Peter Lynch.

The SmartestThings Ever Said About Market Timing:

WarrenBuffett

• "The only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune-tellers look good."

PeterLynch

• "Far more money has been lost by investors preparing for corrections, or trying to anticipate corrections, than has been lost in corrections themselves.’
    • "I can't recall ever once having seen the name of a market timer on Forbes' annual list of the richest people in the world. If it were truly possible to predict corrections, you'd think somebody would have made billions by doing it."

CharlesEllis

• "'Market timing' is unappealing to long-term investors

BernardBaruch

• "Only liars manage to always be out during bad times and in during good times."

\Bull market can last for five years andsecular bull market can last for 25 years.
    A secular markettrend is a long-term trend that can lasts 5 to 25 years

A secular bullmarket consists of larger bull markets and smaller bear markets.

The United Statesstock market was described as being in a secular bull market from about 1983 to2007

A secular bearmarket consists of smaller bull markets

An example of asecular bear market was seen in gold during the period between January 1980 to June 1999

During thisperiod the nominal gold price fell from a high of $850/oz to a low of $253/oz .[
    A bear market is a generaldecline in the stock market over a period of time
    A bear market followed the Wall Street Crash of 1929.

My ideas arenot a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency.Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions
    Last edited by Valuegrowth; 16-06-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: to amend sentence