Actually there is no inconsistency in what I said, I suggest you just misunderstood it.
By paying for it twice its the equivalent of giving it away.
I.e. paying 100% for something you already own or give it away, its the same effect.

I was involved in a similar exercise & foolishly I thought management would look after shareholders, but they spun out the new assets & if you wanted to participate you had to buy shares in the new company. Its a bit different here as they are off loading mostly what they don't want, but they will need cash in the new company & that's how they raise it by selling the shares. So effectively its like a giant capital raising but all the funds stay in the new entity & the original owner only gets a right to participate. Well that's how I read it anyway.

Good volatility this morning closed out my short on the thumping on the open & then reinstated at higher levels! ;=)

We saw a huge rally in oil overnight. Absolutely suckered by the Saudis soothing words.
What a load of BS, they are pumping more whilst they say it & the dumb market bought every word.
Shorted oil this morning as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
Daytr, not quite sure what you intend to say ... your messages seem to be (despite all being quite negative) somewhat inconsistent - and certainly not in alignment with what the company says (have a look through the latest annual report) about the intended demerger.

As well - share holders will have to vote for the proposed demerger, so if we don't like it, we just vote it down, wouldn't we?

Just wondering - is your shortening exercise clouding your mind - or are you trying to mislead others?