sharetrader
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728 LastLast
    Legend

Isn't the allocation of 48% of WPL as the consideration for BHP's O&G being distributed as a franked (or taxable) dividend - if my thoughts are correct ?

IMO

Yes fully franked. If it stacks up I will sell BHP cum the allocation and buy more WPL..

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes fully franked. If it stacks up I will sell BHP cum the allocation and buy more WPL..

Possibly NZ Tax implications on the BHP Div for NZ holders I guess ?

Legend

I wonder what the end result of the following NZ Shareholders Association approach to
    Inland Revenue on NZ Tax implications of these large mergers was ?

https://taxpolicy.ird.govt.nz/en/pub...bill/demergers

https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...18-p5ambv.html

Potash, its kind of a big deal apparently.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 18-05-2022 at 05:17 PM.

IMO

So the sale of BHP's energy assets to Woodside have been approved with BHP holders getting 1 woodside for every 5.5340 BHP shares in the form of an in specie divi, fully franked. But us Kiwi investors cant make use of the franking component and will get less Woodside shares.Can anyone confirm this, thanks.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 20-05-2022 at 12:34 PM.

IMO

Found this at Craigs .

:BHP shareholders will receive 0.1807 shares of WPL for each BHP share. At WPL’s current price of A$31.19, BHP’s shareholders will receive A$5.64 of value per BHP share (excluding franking credits which NZ investors can’t use), which equates to BHP paying out around 11.7% of its value.For non-natural investors (such as trusts) in New Zealand, we expect the in-specie distribution to be considered a taxable dividend. Our calculations suggest the tax burden could represent 5.8% of current value of BHP. For individuals, we expect the distribution will not be deemed a taxable event.

Legend

SP getting kicked upwards ahead of trading Ex the Woodside Distribution on 25 May on ASX

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/ap...df02a206a39ff4

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    SP getting kicked upwards ahead of trading Ex the Woodside Distribution on 25 May on ASX

https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/ap...df02a206a39ff4
    Worked out well so far.Im re $5900 up with my 181 woodsie shares per 1000 BHP and Both BHP and WPS shareprices have trucked up since the distribution.Real test is over night when British BHP investors can sell their new WDS ones.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Worked out well so far.Im re $5900 up with my 181 woodsie shares per 1000 BHP and Both BHP and WPS shareprices have trucked up since the distribution.Real test is over night when British BHP investors can sell their new WDS ones.
    BHP was trucking along quite nicely until today with a bit of a dip .. never mind - liked the smell of WDS better.
    I may be wrong, but dont see a local NZ taxable aspect to this deal unless I've missed something.
    Still got the prescribed number of Woodsie shares - has anyone sighted anything that looks like
    a dividend notice for Kiwi holders yet ?
    Pretty inequitable getting slugged on being given back a slice of what you already owned surely ?
    Last edited by nztx; 06-06-2022 at 10:00 PM.