sharetrader
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Number alone, no. But What are their growth prospects? Think they are still expanding and acquisition mode? But would need to deliver to justify SP.
    Projected growth EPS.2013 actual 16.7% 2014 forecast 16.7% 2015 forecast 14.7% 2016 forecast 15%
    PE 26.5...22.7....19.8....17.2....

Guru

I see Craigs research says they have announced a French acquisition. Perhaps analysts knew that this was coming - a la Chalkie's column today about on-going disclosure. Interesting article, saying that often the analysts are privy to information before the market in analysts updates, and cited the Newmont's recent incident.

born2invest

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Projected growth EPS.2013 actual 16.7% 2014 forecast 16.7% 2015 forecast 14.7% 2016 forecast 15%
    PE 26.5...22.7....19.8....17.2....
    I understand when the EPS increases like you mention, the theoretical PE decreased from 26.5 to 17.2.

But why do you think like this? Any company that is growing it's EPS, the P/E ratio will decrease in the example you have given above. Do you use this sort of formula to find out a valuation for buying? Sort of like the PEG ratio?

I'm quite interested in why you have put the info this way.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by born2invest View Post
    I understand when the EPS increases like you mention, the theoretical PE decreased from 26.5 to 17.2.

But why do you think like this? Any company that is growing it's EPS, the P/E ratio will decrease in the example you have given above. Do you use this sort of formula to find out a valuation for buying? Sort of like the PEG ratio?

I'm quite interested in why you have put the info this way.
    I think you can see where I am headed.I try to use PEG but prefer to use PEG plus dividend.I do not mind a high PE so long as the growth rate and the dividend yield add up to more.I am also very scared to take too much notice of 2 or more years' out projections.
    RHC PE is 30.35.and dividend yield is 1.86%.So using either formula it does not add up.ie projected growth is 16.7%.
    What I did not state was it was suggested we sell TEL nz to fund RHC purchase.
    TEL's PE is 17.69 and dividend yield is 7.03%.What I have no idea is TEL's projected growth rate.
    Last edited by percy; 24-10-2013 at 08:44 AM.

born2invest

ns
    I think you can see where I am headed.I try to use PEG but prefer to use PEG plus dividend.I do not mind a high PE so long as the growth rate and the dividend yield add up to more.I am also very scared to take too much notice of 2 or more years' out projections.
    RHC PE is 30.35.and dividend yield is 1.86%.So using either formula it does not add up.ie projected growth is 16.7%.
    TEL's PE is 17.69 and dividend yield is 7.03%.What I have no idea is TEL's projected growth rate.
    So if the growth rate + dividend is more than P/E ratio you buy?

born2invest

ns

percy

Quote Originally Posted by born2invest View Post
    ns

Yes.
    Often it works out a lot more.
    From memory I added to my MNF at 28cents.Projected PE was about 9,while growth was over 20%. This was laid out in a company presentation.
    Unfortunately that does not happen too often.But if you start thinking that way it works out to be profitable.Gives you a large margin of safety.To be really safe you don't want to take future projections more than 2 years,although 1 year's is even safer.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    (2010) This stock is a no brainer for a long term portfolio , . Double digit growth year after year. In the right buisness and geographically diverse.
    So much potential in europe where it has a growing presence. The demographics etc all stack up, I have been in for about five years . It spent a few years with price stagnation due to GFC meanwhile the company just kept doing good things
    Blowing my own trumpet , (again)
    Held this baby since around 2004 , held all through the GFC and now appears unstoppable Ramsay never seem to put a foot wrong. Another fantastic result, near the 50 dollars a share mark now
    Last edited by ratkin; 25-02-2014 at 01:41 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Blowing my own trumpet , (again)
    Held this baby since around 2004 , held all through the GFC and now appears unstoppable Ramsay never seem to put a foot wrong. Another fantastic result, near the 50 dollars a share mark now
    Well done.!

Advanced Member

Well done.!

Are you still in Percy? It seems this one is never discussed on the boards (unlike Summerset) I guess many look at the chart and are put off by the big long uptrend, thinkiing they have mossed out