sharetrader
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    percy

No unfortunately.Like all great shares it always appears to be too expensive.Then away it goes again.
    A few months ago a broker recommended selling TEL in NZ and buying RHC.I thought this was wrong.Proved to be I was wrong.
    I think TEL are up about 7% while RHC are up about 33%.

Advanced Member

morning star and their valuations are a complete joke. Before yesterdays result they valued the stock at 23 dollars a share. Now they suddenly raise it to 46 dollars a share. shame ASB can't have access to better research reports

Has reached $50 this morning so like you Ratkin I am a pretty happy man as this is now my largest long term hold.
    Hospitals and retirement homes seem to be good sectors to be in at the moment.

Attachment 5550Attachment 5551

Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Smile Beautiful Chart

Hi Pedro

That is a beautiful chart.

Better than a Picasso.

That's why I take it in the ASX Competition on Sharetrader.

Bon chance

Advanced Member

CHAIRMAN and founder of Ramsay Health Care, Paul Ramsay has been admitted to hospital in Europe

Lets hope its not as bad as it sounds

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    CHAIRMAN and founder of Ramsay Health Care, Paul Ramsay has been admitted to hospital in Europe

Lets hope its not as bad as it sounds
    Sadly he has passed away

Interesting what happens now .... no wife, no kids ....interests going to caharitable trust
    Last edited by winner69; 02-05-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Advanced Member

Six months since the last post , yet the company once again at record high.
    A fine example of a great healthcare investment , like CSL that just keeps trucking along with little fanfare.
    So many would rather chase get rich quick stocks, and ignore the likes of Ramsay which for at least 10 years have been increasing eps by 15-20%

looking though the thread from the start, it appears the high PE has consistantly put people off entering. Healthcare has been the backbone of my portfolio for well over a decade now, the aging population etc provides so much of a tail wind that it was hard to ignore.

RHC CSL COH RYM SUM. EBO. Sailed through the gfc with this lot, without losing a minute of sleep. MY only regret was selling FPH in a moment of weakness
    Last edited by ratkin; 07-11-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Ratkin:
    I am sure you are on a profitable track, Another to add would be iShares Health. Health has grown to be the dominant theme I own. It took many years to learn that rather than chasing individual companies it was more profitable and less work to choose
    a geographic region then the industry, then the company.

Advanced Member

What a cracking result, everything improving by at least 20% AGAIN
    Hardly gets a mention on here, but its gone from 10 to 70 dollars(nearly) without a hiccup.

“Our operations around the world are all performing solidly and the global demand for
    healthcare remains high due to population growth; increasing consumer wealth; government
    programs to expand access to healthcare and an ageing population (the global population over
    60 is forecast to triple by 2050) ,” Mr Rex said.

Based on the strength of the first half results and the continuation of robust growth across all our
    operations, and barring unforeseen circumstances, Ramsay is targeting Core NPAT and Core
    EPS growth of 18% to 20% for FY2015 (previously 14% to 16%) including nine months of
    Générale de Santé.
    Last edited by ratkin; 26-02-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Veteran novice

Yes, what a great performer over an extended period of time!

One of those companies that I often looked at, admired, but concluded that it was already priced for perfection. Oh, well....