sharetrader
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Yes, what a great performer over an extended period of time!

One of those companies that I often looked at, admired, but concluded that it was already priced for perfection. Oh, well....

Seems difficult to go wrong with healthcare stocks, the aging population gives such a massive boost to prospects, not a theme that is going away anytime soon.
    I reckon you just need to be patient and wait for a decent pullback, there has to be one sooner or later
    Last edited by ratkin; 26-02-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Seems difficult to go wrong with healthcare stocks, the aging population gives such a massive boost to prospects, not a theme that is going away anytime soon.
    I reckon you just need to be patient and wait for a decent pullback, there has to be one sooner or later
    I agree with that. I have a full hand of the NZ retirement village stocks - despite what some might say about that theme being played out - and EBO has been one of my biggest holdings since the days it was Early Bros Dental and Medical. I'll keep an eye on RHC but have a feeling that that opportunity has passed me by!

Advanced Member

Another cracking result another 20% gain in eps and profit.
    If only all stocks were this good

IMO

Yes year after year.I'm planning on getting onboard at some point. How long have you been in ratlin and what was your entry price if you don't mind sharing, no prob if not.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Yes year after year.I'm planning on getting onboard at some point. How long have you been in ratlin and what was your entry price if you don't mind sharing, no prob if not.
    First lot in 2006 then some more in 2008 average entry price around 10 dollars

IMO

So many would rather chase get rich quick stocks, and ignore the likes of Ramsay which for at least 10 years have been increasing eps by 15-20%

looking though the thread from the start, it appears the high PE has consistantly put people off entering. Healthcare has been the backbone of my portfolio for well over a decade now, the aging population etc provides so much of a tail wind that it was hard to ignore.

RHC CSL COH RYM SUM. EBO. Sailed through the gfc with this lot, without losing a minute of sleep. MY only regret was selling FPH in a moment of weakness
    Some fantastic gains there with minimal risk.Yes FPH a premier Investment grade stock too. If this correction deepens i will have my chance to pick up some RHC and others like REH ,ARB ,WES, CSL,AZJ, ONT, Banks , WOW even etc.Any similar quality stocks on your watch list?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Some fantastic gains there with minimal risk.Yes FPH a premier Investment grade stock too. If this correction deepens i will have my chance to pick up some RHC and others like REH ,ARB ,WES, CSL,AZJ, ONT, Banks , WOW even etc.Any similar quality stocks on your watch list?
    Will just top up on CSL , RHC COH etc, however cant see them really falling much anyway, but you never know.
    If only i just stuck to these healthcare stockss would be much better off. Took a silly punt on slater and gordon a few days ago, and already been stopped out. Should have just bought nmore RHC instead.

Im very wary of WOW have seen how competition from Aldi etc, screwed over the UK supermarkets, WOW facing uphill battle
    Last edited by ratkin; 03-09-2015 at 01:54 PM.

Guru

Will just top up on CSL , RHC COH etc, however cant see them really falling much anyway, but you never know.
    If only i just stuck to these healthcare stockss would be much better off. Took a silly punt on slater and gordon a few days ago, and already been stopped out. Should have just bought nmore RHC instead.

Im very wary of WOW have seen how competition from Aldi etc, screwed over the UK supermarkets, WOW facing uphill battle
    Hi Ratkin
    I concur with what you are saying.I loaded your portfolio into a watch list last time you mentioned your healthcare stocks.Certainly little volatility & respectable returns.Do you still hold OFX & NEU or was it NRT ?

IMO

Yeah WOW is at the wrong end of its cycle atm but it will rise again an the future imo but yes its down the bottom end of picks.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Hi Ratkin
    I concur with what you are saying.I loaded your portfolio into a watch list last time you mentioned your healthcare stocks.Certainly little volatility & respectable returns.Do you still hold OFX & NEU or was it NRT ?
    No OFX and NEU went a while back