sharetrader
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Apartments

Have a look at Phoenix on Grafton if there are any available!
    Fantasy Premier League 2006/07, 2007/08, and 2008/09 Champion :-)

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - C&H

What sort of prices, Cap?

Thanks Gryffyn--I'll take a look at those. Lawso, the 2 bedroom ones were about 700k. There is no way I would be paying that. If I was to put in an offer if would be for 200k less than the asking price.

Agree 700k is too high. At 500-550k I could be interested.

quote:Originally posted by Capitalist

Just been to look at Metropolis...the 2 bedroom apartments are bloody palatial, with great views.Even the studios are good. Buy in gloom

There will be plenty of gloom to come.
    *WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE STOCKMARKET FACTORY*

Banned

Does anyone know what a deposit bond is? and where can I get one?

Donner the developer of the property can usually tell you if any one is issueing deposit bonds on his projects. They are getting pretty hard to get in australia at moment. because of the glut and falling apartment prices. to best of my knowledge. hope this helps.

[?]wouldn,t live in auckland if ya payed me [xx(]80sqm units for 400 odd grand[xx(][xx(] the internal garage in the house i built&sold in queenstown 5brm,3bath was 70odd sqms[:0] whats in that water u guys drink [?] 6%returns[xx(]interest rates on the up[xx(]capital grow for aucks 5/8 or F all[?]
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

aspex

You misunderstand me. I'm no property punter. I'm quite heavily into PFI and KIP and comfortable with both. Also got LPTs in Aust. It's my preferred form of investment in property - OK income, modest growth, while I look to other stocks for, hopefully, capital gain.

Was only once ever a landlord. Never again. I could be interested in Metropolis or other apartments only if and when I've sold the waterfront apartment I live in.

JBmurc: You don't know what you're missing!

yeah for a safe investment PFI-KIP are a great way to invest in property as are other LPTs-INVESTED in KIP yrs ago sold 1.04 divs good.
    but for me i don,t mind taking the risk of building&selling or holding property the gains can be huge last yr 500% this yr looking at a 150-250%return on money invested in company
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu