sharetrader
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

we'll see how it reacts today to see whether there was any grounds to the rumour...
    IF its false I just dont get how these things start and why someone would pay 15% above y'day's close on a rumour.... in this market !

By the way It's loving this trading range of 1.30-1.80 at the moment. It's been in this mode for 7 months. Almost a reliable trading pattern.
    “If you're worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

I sold some into the excitement...

Default Trading Halt

Could this be it?

Takeover

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by Footsie View Post
    Could this be it?

Takeover
    And if it is, who is the suspected predator?

Advanced Member

Could this be it?

Takeover
    Looks like just another "Opes Prime" situation to me. What is there to get excited about? Rather the reverse.

Veteran novice

Yes, sadly.
    Another case of directors getting caught up with a dodgy financing deal.

my dreams go up in another Margin call.........

who knows where this one will get placed at....

i just hope it doesnt bring about the collapse of BVA

A predator strike from GBST, IRess or CPU is the only hope now.

my dreams go up in another Margin call.........

who knows where this one will get placed at....

i just hope it doesnt bring about the collapse of BVA

A predator strike from GBST, IRess or CPU is the only hope now.
    "The Lift Capital debacle is unlike that of Opes, in that clients did not automatically hand title over their shares to Lift and Merrills when they signed over for their loans, but the difference is academic now, as the appointment of administrators triggered a charge by the bank that gives it ownership of Lift's entire client share portfolio."

Bad luck for the Directors.

However it puts BVA right in play now - my understanding of why the takeover didn't proceeed in November last year is because the Directors didn't want to let go of their 30% stake - now they have no choice! its going to be sold from under them!
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!

Thanks Mo - my return for calendar 08 is -17% YTD.... however i've had down quarters before and i'm confident in can pull out of this one.

The thing about the small cap sector is although they get bashed in a sell off... some stocks I own could run 50%+ in a short space of time from where they are now if we recover.... as i have said, i own stocks on p/es of 4x

Im told that it's c. 14% of BVA that is held my Merrills.

Anyhow
    BVA
    likely outcomes in order
    1. Line get's placed to institutions at $1.00-$1.20 (puts BVA back on the map and is not necessarily a bad thing) = Neutral
    2. Corporate raider eg GPG takes the whole line. = positive
    3. CPU, IRE buy the stake and/or launch a full takeover. = positive
    4. Merrills tarnish their reputation and dump on market... price goes to 50c = bad for existing holders, positive if yuo buy at 50c !

regardless of the outcome, i'm sure there will be an opportunity somewhere to make $$

Anyhow
    BVA
    likely outcomes in order
    1. Line get's placed to institutions at $1.00-$1.20 (puts BVA back on the map and is not necessarily a bad thing) = Neutral
    2. Corporate raider eg GPG takes the whole line. = positive
    3. CPU, IRE buy the stake and/or launch a full takeover. = positive
    4. Merrills tarnish their reputation and dump on market... price goes to 50c = bad for existing holders, positive if yuo buy at 50c !

regardless of the outcome, i'm sure there will be an opportunity somewhere to make $$
    Certainly going to be interesting to see which ways this goes.

This is part of an interview Iain Dunstan did with MergerMarket a couple of months back when the takeover talk was doing the rounds. Unless Dunstan was not telling the truth, there is genuine interest in BVA, and a director sell down would provide an opportune time for a trade buyer to take a stake.

__________________________________________________ __________________
    Bravura Solutions could either be acquired or become acquirer, MD says

Bravura Solutions, the listed Australian provider of back-office financial software and services, is as likely to be acquired as it is to become an acquirer. Managing director Iain Dunstan said that back-office software is a "scale business" so, "we are continually looking at acquisitions and people that are bigger than us are looking at us". Dunstan said although there is "nothing formal" with regard to a sale, there have been enquiries, and Bravura "could go either way".

At its current size, Dunstan said Bravura would be "small fry for global players". He said Bravura currently has a market capitalisation of AUD 240m (USD 220m) and revenues of AUD 170m (USD 156m), making it very affordable for large global players.
    Dunstan said Bravura is an appealing target because it is the leader in its space in Australia, with the most market share; it is the only company of its type in New Zealand; and it has established business in Hong Kong, South Africa and the UK, and is profitable in all those regions. He said the company has good core software and 180 clients.
    Dunstan said Bravura would only look at a buyer that could grow and continue to invest in the business. He said a potential buyer was therefore unlikely to be a PE player, but rather a trade buyer, most likely from the UK or Europe.

He said it was reasonable to assume that an appealing offer price would have to be substantially higher than the company's current market capitalisation
    Share prices follow earnings....buy EPS growth!!