sharetrader
Page 303 of 397 FirstFirst ... 203253293299300301302303304305306307313353 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    2000 shares just traded at 410c. Seems a bit odd with several buyers higher than that, or did those bids come in later !?
    Looks like the NZX reversed that trade as $4.10 doesn't show as the low for the day any more. More disturbingly though what I see here is a breakdown in the belief factor. The company recently held its annual meeting and had a fulsome chance to clearly articulate its strategy going forward and the buying support simply isn't there. A clear downtrend so I am not interested until that's clearly finished. It has had a great run while it was predominantly a N.Z. tourism stock...this company is a very different kettle of fish than what it was a few years ago and I suspect not everyone is in agreement with where the directors want to take it going forward. Sale of N.Z. tourism business's ???? I really scratch my head to understand why they would want to abandon core business's that have performed so well over the years to throw money into tech apps with highly questionable return on investment going forward ? Has Rob Campbell bitten off more than he can chew at his age ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-11-2018 at 02:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Yes you are right Beagle. The market clearly is not liking the lack of direction or clarity. Fair enough. At this stage I'm happy to stay in with my remaining 40% of what I held at start of year.

Banned

Mine are free-carried including the ones I bought recently around $5.10 after the multi-year trend higher but still don't like the price action lately....the market in general is getting quick panicky. Could be approaching the time to sell low-beta property stocks and buy some of the beaten up stocks but then again the property stocks pay such reliable high dividends.

Yes you are right Beagle. The market clearly is not liking the lack of direction or clarity. Fair enough. At this stage I'm happy to stay in with my remaining 40% of what I held at start of year.

Outside thinking.

No THL in my portfolio after today.....took my gains and stuck to my adage not to hold shares in a 'downtrend'. Shame as I enjoyed THL.... GLH.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    No THL in my portfolio after today.....took my gains and stuck to my adage not to hold shares in a 'downtrend'. Shame as I enjoyed THL.... GLH.
    I also bailed a few days ago at $5.00, shame as I liked THL as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Mine are free-carried including the ones I bought recently around $5.10 after the multi-year trend higher but still don't like the price action lately....the market in general is getting quick panicky. Could be approaching the time to sell low-beta property stocks and buy some of the beaten up stocks but then again the property stocks pay such reliable high dividends.
    and actually - the property stocks are in an uptrend (as compared to nearly everything else) E.g. ARG as well as CDI (both in my protfolio) gained yesterday Never sell a winning stock!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Winner that promised takeover must be coming soon ��
    I beginning to think that the market is telling us that any worthwhile acquisition (one that’ll make a real difference) will require a decent capital raising
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    and actually - the property stocks are in an uptrend (as compared to nearly everything else) E.g. ARG as well as CDI (both in my protfolio) gained yesterday Never sell a winning stock!
    Yes I have been adding to my already significant holding in ARG. Safe value stock at a meaningful discount to NTA and very safe yield. Very good place to hide in this highly volatile market. On the other hand THL has effectively been paying dividends with rising debt level's, (with thanks to Winner69 for pointing this out).
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-11-2018 at 09:33 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I beginning to think that the market is telling us that any worthwhile acquisition (one that’ll make a real difference) will require a decent capital raising
    I meant the takeover from the Chinese that Golden City suggested some time back would happen if it dropped too far :-) By the way, GC seems to have disappeared of late.

I am back guys. I have 100% confidence in thl management. Still committing Just patiently taking the dividends. Stock can be up and down. But over all it is a good stock to own. I am sure the citic group will be keeping an eye on the stock price Citic group doesn’t like owning a piece of the company. Normally they will takeover any company they invested