sharetrader
Page 337 of 397 FirstFirst ... 237287327333334335336337338339340341347387 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,370 of 3962

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

As for human rights and justice system - try this one - https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-dai...se-of-children

Excerpt : "The three girls were aged between three and six when the offending first came to light. The girls are now 12 and 13, with the oldest of the three dying two years ago."

9 long years of ongoing and horrendous child abuse until one died (suicide) before real action is taken.

Feeling proud to be a Kiwi with our justice & child welfare system?
    Not really the right thread, but I think this needs an answer.

NZ has - as any other country - some rotten apples in their (our) society and (again as everybody else) a somewhat incompetent system to protect children ... and yes, our justice system is far from perfect (though I haven't yet seen the perfect one). I don't argue that - and if you want to discuss that, just create a thread. I assume however there will be little disagreement.

China on the other hand is systematically abusing the human rights of anybody getting into the way of their system and government. They are quite happy to incarcerate and if it is more convenient to kill their opponents.

And I am sure, they have neglected children as well in China ...

Surely - you must be able to see the difference?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Auckland council selling the building to secrecy buyers for only 3 million which the building should worth 10s of millions. That is a nice way not call corruption

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    Auckland council selling the building to secrecy buyers for only 3 million which the building should worth 10s of millions. That is a nice way not call corruption
    ANZ Bank selling to its MD's wife a residence for $4m under valuation - not corruption, surely!

This is NZ - we do not have corruption here.

Dirty politic corruption are everywhere not just China

seems very bad news for thl i guess.
    tourism levy should have hidden in the airline ticket price not in eta cost.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...w-requirements

Quote Originally Posted by tuaman View Post
    seems very bad news for thl i guess.
    tourism levy should have hidden in the airline ticket price not in eta cost.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...w-requirements

I guess it would have been impossible for ticket sellers to decide whether the passenger needs to pay the fee or not. An ETA might be the best way and is in line with what Australia and the US are doing for some years now.

Not sure whether it hit their tourism numbers? Personally - I don't particularly like to travel to either of these countries, but this is not related to their ETA system, but to the arrogance of their authorities and the xenophobic tendencies of both governments.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

https://seekingalpha.com/article/427...ecession?ifp=0

Some interesting chit-chat in the comments below as well. Certainly not conclusive.
    Disc: Holding...still.

Advanced Member

So....THL paying out > $30,000,000pa in dividends on one side.
    While raising $80,000,000 through issuing new shares.
    Hmmmm...does this make sense ? Not sure.
    On a personal basis I like the dividends...however ?
    I'll go chop some wood while I ponder over this one.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    So....THL paying out > $30,000,000pa in dividends on one side.
    While raising $80,000,000 through issuing new shares.
    Hmmmm...does this make sense ? Not sure.
    On a personal basis I like the dividends...however ?
    I'll go chop some wood while I ponder over this one.
    Been borrowing to pay divies for a while so just another way of funding them
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Been borrowing to pay divies for a while so just another way of funding them
    You are correct that dividends have exceeded cashflow from operations and for most organisations this would indicate they are borrowing (or reducing cash) to pay the dividend and any capital costs.

THL is slighly unique in that a lot a of PP&E purchases are shorter term and intended to be sold again. This has caused a quirk in their accounting that a high proportion of their PP&E purchases are reported as cashflow from operations not cashflow from investing activities (>95% for 2017 and 2018). If PP&E on the balance sheet is increased, cashflow from operations is weak which has happened over the last two years. This has caused net cashflow from operations to be less than the dividend paid.

If net campervan sales are reclassified as investing cashflows, cashflow from operations improves to $45m in 2017 and $50m in 2018. Investing cash outflows are larger at -$123m and -$38m with the -$123m including $78m of acquisition expenditure. Borrowing increased by $102m and $15m. Did the increase in borrowing fund the increase in assets or the dividends of $22m and $23m? It all depends on the perspective taken