sharetrader
Page 331 of 397 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3962

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    There’s often a big difference between theory and reality (driven by rationale / irrational investing behaviour.)
    I remember the bad old days when THL were considered a cyclical tourism company and traded on a PE commensurate with such of about 10.
    Funnily enough if it goes there on $25m earnings which is 20 cps you'll be a real guru and get your $2. I wouldn't be surprised sometime next year. Next trade weapon to be rolled out by the Chinese could be their tourism spend and I think to some extent that's already started. I think its going to be a very cold winter...
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-05-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I remember the bad old days when THL were considered a cyclical tourism company and traded on a PE commensurate with such of about 10.
    Funnily enough if it goes there on $25m earnings which is 20 cps you'll be a real guru and get your $2. I wouldn't be surprised sometime next year. Next trade weapon to be rolled out by the Chinese could be their tourism spend and I think to some extent that's already started. I think its going to be a very cold winter...
    Still a lot of growth factored into current share price.

Longer things stay bad takeover might be best outcome.

But as long as they continue to pay big divie no worries
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Sold down some of my parcel right at 4.30, just to average down my cost. Not confident just where this one is going. But I like the volatility.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    If China and USA both really stick to their guns...well...it'll be a lot more than THL that will be enjoying a very cold winter.
    Lucky Jacinda gave me some money to buy firewood.....but that's another thread I guess.

Pretty solid finish to the day ...esp after it seemed to be free fall earlier

Many punters love thl
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    If China and USA both really stick to their guns...well...it'll be a lot more than THL that will be enjoying a very cold winter.
    Pretty much how I see it going. No firewood from Jacinda for me but luckily I have several power companies and a 15.3 cents per KW hour deal from Meridian with their seriously overfull lakes so I should do okay from them and be able to keep the kennel warm....
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-05-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

2019 on Everest is safer than say 1999, and way safer than the early expeditions. The top guide companies are v experienced with strong backup. But recent cheap operators cut corners and take all punters regardless of experience. So when its turns tough the risk explodes. The crowded days are unusual and a result of tight weather windows. Interesting that top NZ guide Lydia Bradey made successful ascent from Tibet (Northern side) on the same day with her (very fit) client. They and a group of route setters from China were completely alone on that side while there was havoc on south ridge.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nizzy View Post
    2019 on Everest is safer than say 1999, and way safer than the early expeditions. The top guide companies are v experienced with strong backup. But recent cheap operators cut corners and take all punters regardless of experience. So when its turns tough the risk explodes. The crowded days are unusual and a result of tight weather windows. Interesting that top NZ guide Lydia Bradey made successful ascent from Tibet (Northern side) on the same day with her (very fit) client. They and a group of route setters from China were completely alone on that side while there was havoc on south ridge.
    Did they get there using a camper van ?
    Interesting post...thanks.

Disc: hold THL, unfortunately

The Kid

Only to base camp then took the chair lift to the Hillary Step.