sharetrader
Page 311 of 397 FirstFirst ... 211261301307308309310311312313314315321361 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,110 of 3962

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12204024

Enough subtle warnings given by China to this inept 'all cheesy smiles and no substance' government.

Hope they take note and Peters start peddling backwards before China lowers the big boom. Then, it's all too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Enough subtle warnings given by China to this inept 'all cheesy smiles and no substance' government.

Hope they take note and Peters start peddling backwards before China lowers the big boom. Then, it's all too late.
    But Peters says he is an insider as far as China goes and knows more than tinpot NZ businessmen whose based over there

The yanks flying a B-52 over NZ for the Airshow at Masterton next week probably signals who our friends are. Should be an awesome flight
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But Peters says he is an insider as far as China goes and knows more than tinpot NZ businessmen whose based over there

The yanks flying a B-52 over NZ for the Airshow at Masterton next week probably signals who our friends are. Should be an awesome flight
    Yes. Yanks will be doing surveillance with the spy B-52 and if NZ tries any of that funny stuff (remember Lange & NZ being booted out of ANUS?), the yanks may just have a few BIG ONES in that B52 too!

Anyone who trusts the Yanks seriously need their heads read by Peters.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

From your link:

An article published in the English version of China's People's Daily newspaper suggests New Zealand has fallen out of favour with Chinese travellers.

The paper, regarded as the mouthpiece for the Chinese government, quotes a traveller who saved more than $3200 to come to New Zealand but cancelled his plans.

"Is it a kind of robbery? New Zealand stabbed us in the back but asks for our money? This is double-faced," a Beijing-based worker told the Global Times.
    Ouch. These sentiments can do immense damage to our industry. Time to get some grown ups back into government. Green behind the ears is not good enough.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Shame they don't bring one of their F22 raptors here, I'd come down for that. B52 is so last century... but I agree, still a very impressive aircraft.
    They send F22 raptors to the Australian Avalon airshow at Geelong...shows you the American's are more cosy with Australia doesn't it.

Backlash from the Chinese starting ? https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-02-2019 at 12:19 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Wonder what tomorrow’s announcement will bring

Will be interesting .....anything seems possible

Advanced Member

Wonder what tomorrow’s announcement will bring

Will be interesting .....anything seems possible
    Quite concerned about this one...especially given Air NZ’s recent comments on incoming passengers.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Quite concerned about this one...especially given Air NZ’s recent comments on incoming passengers.
    Its only an observation on NZ, but on my road trip to Queenstown last weekend I was surprised how few camper vans there were on the road. Quite a few parked up along the canals and a few looking at the view of Mt Cook. Other than that I think I over took, maybe one. But I did get to speak to a few tourists who continue to rave about NZ as a destination. They love it - some were repeat visitors from the UK. Queenstown was absolutely humming in the evening.

On the flip side I'm looking at a road trip in the USA next year. Blown away with how expensive accomodation is. A camper van could have been an option If I could coordinate the pick-up / drop off locations. Which I cant. So its a rental car

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/110...rational-issue

Like all things American, B-52 could not make it due to 'mechanical' operational issues.

Stranded in Australia.

We will soon have 4G+ while the Germans, Dutch, English and whole of Asia go super-sonic with 5G.

Good one, Jacinda 'all teeth and no bite' Ardern, for taking NZ backwards - again!
    Last edited by Balance; 25-02-2019 at 12:09 PM.

Profit down for half and full year guidance a bit lower than I thought it would be. Oops — dress it up a bit and profits actually up.

One needs to keep the faith

Chairman, Mr Rob Campbell, said, “This business is not only growing, but is changing in its scope and structure. We are taking the build/buy– rent – sell model in our RV business to wider geographies. At the same time, we are extending the scope of what we offer the global market. There are positive early signs in our significant TH2 investment with Thor Industries. TH2 has the potential to be a strong digital infrastructure provider, not only to thl and Thor, but to the wider industry.”

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...072/295663.pdf