sharetrader
Page 325 of 397 FirstFirst ... 225275315321322323324325326327328329335375 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I reckon there’s plenty of investors who still love thl and we’ll see the share price back over 5 bucks before too long.

Sold down to 430 when guidance for F19 reduced to $32m odd and then sold down to 420 when guidance reduced to around to $25m

Shows resilience and the believers in Robs vitality will see the share price head back up again.
    The way to assess THL now imo is to look at the Australasian operations without the losses and distractions of the US.

So what will it cost THL to jettison the US operations and refocus back to Australasia?

Investor

Drifting lower after that initial support following downgrade...$3.50 in the medium term or lower?

Well, I'm out today. All sold out. And at a bit of a loss. My own fault totally. Missed my stop loss, got lazy, hoped for a bounce that didn't happen. Loss mitigated by additional shares in DRP but still a loss all the same.

Confidence gone in THL to recover. I reckon once they unravel their US sales there will be more problems. I'm a tad cross that they could mention in the Feb update "Vehicle sales in the USA, in particular, have been weakacross the industry but we do not see that as anongoing issue" and then a month later say "The primary reason for the revised guidance is that the vehicle sales market in the USA has continued to deteriorate and thl's expectations for the financial year are now substantially below previous forecasts." Piss poor management and misleading information is the best I can say. Which indicates to me they have lost total sight of the ball.

That coupled with their totally unknown venture into TOR makes them a very high risk company to be in my portfolio.
    I'm not adverse to risk so will put part of these proceeds onto a local company.

Personally I think Rob has taken far too much on. Being chairman of three major companies is far too much, especially as he is not getting any younger!

THL was tracking well for 50m NPAT as they had promised for a number of years, then despite a rocky environment for worldwide tourism they seem to have taken on increased risk and debt. The USA aquisition has clearly not gone according to plan, and then trying to sell part of their successful NZ business seems questionable at this point.

Why can't businesses just stick to what they are good at and maximise performance in their current markets before looking for new ones?

Herbacious

Also pulled my last $70k out of THL recently but luckily still for a decent profit. Tempted to split it between SUM and HGH.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Personally I think Rob has taken far too much on. Being chairman of three major companies is far too much, especially as he is not getting any younger!

THL was tracking well for 50m NPAT as they had promised for a number of years, then despite a rocky environment for worldwide tourism they seem to have taken on increased risk and debt. The USA aquisition has clearly not gone according to plan, and then trying to sell part of their successful NZ business seems questionable at this point.

Why can't businesses just stick to what they are good at and maximise performance in their current markets before looking for new ones?
    Feel sorry for you guys. One thing is that Rob was looking in quite good shape at yesterday's SUM annual meeting from cutting a quite noticeably more portly figure last year. Good effort to lose that much apparent weight and inspiration for SUM other oldish dog on here too I reckon lol.
    I think SUM of the younger directors do a lot of the heavy lifting at SUM...very capable board in my opinion and he did express his thanks to such a capable board for their support last year so he obviously feels well supported but I digress and yes, as already posted, I think THL should have simply stuck to their knitting.
    USA looking increasingly like an expensive, risky and unproductive fishing expedition.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-05-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Feel sorry for you guys. One thing is that Rob was looking in quite good shape at yesterday's SUM annual meeting from cutting a quite noticeably more portly figure last year. Good effort to lose that much apparent weight and inspiration for SUM other oldish dog on here too I reckon lol.
    Hope it is a healthy weight loss and he isnt sick or under too much stress

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Hope it is a healthy weight loss and he isnt sick or under too much stress
    Yeap, he looks very good and healthy for his age now. Couple of well respected and massively qualified Doctor's on the board probably had a quiet word or two in his ear
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-05-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

profit down grade from atl apollo in aus

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201905...bm2nhvtdrd.pdf
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    profit down grade from atl apollo in aus

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201905...bm2nhvtdrd.pdf
    Apollo plunged 22c or 26% since yesterdays 86c....... glad I don't hold