sharetrader
Page 379 of 397 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 3966

Not out of woods yet

They say - FY21 result, based on current expectations, the loss for FY21 is expected to be greater than the average of the results projected by market analysts....which is a loss of $12.8m

Last year underlying npat was $20m

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...551/338049.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...K37N374ATLMEE/

Might be some good deals on hiring campervans in the March shoulder season when its not so hot and all the kids are back at school.

As far as I am concerned I think these guys have a much higher standard of campervans than THL and their prices are not unreasonable https://www.wilderness.co.nz/
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2020 at 12:52 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...K37N374ATLMEE/

Might be some good deals on hiring campervans in the March shoulder season when its not so hot and all the kids are back at school.

As far as I am concerned I think these guys have a much higher standard than and their prices are not unreasonable THL https://www.wilderness.co.nz/
    Just out of interest we had a 4-berth Britz booked for our recent South Island trip. Cost $179 a day which I was happy enough with. We cancelled for free a fortnight before the trip as our plans changed a bit and a campervan wasn't going to work. I checked the same booking a week before we went and it was only $125 a day. When we got to Chch and picked up our rental car in the next paddock there were hundreds of parked up Britz and Maui - looked a bit like the airplane boneyards in the desert...

Quote Originally Posted by Arbroath View Post
    Just out of interest we had a 4-berth Britz booked for our recent South Island trip. Cost $179 a day which I was happy enough with. We cancelled for free a fortnight before the trip as our plans changed a bit and a campervan wasn't going to work. I checked the same booking a week before we went and it was only $125 a day. When we got to Chch and picked up our rental car in the next paddock there were hundreds of parked up Britz and Maui - looked a bit like the airplane boneyards in the desert...
    Yeap I've been toying with the idea of buying a new German made campervan but I've seen those boneyards full of hundreds of campervans parked up at locations close to Auckland airport too. Guy up the road from me has had a lovely new German made one for a couple of years now. I see it every time I got past his place parked up there. I figure he maybe uses it 10-15 days a year., not that I'm really counting but its almost always there. Probably about how much I'd realistically use one too until I'm fully retired. Makes financial sense to rent them until one is fully retired and going to use it a LOT. I wonder whether the novelty of living in such a confined space on holiday would wear out pretty quickly too.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-12-2020 at 01:14 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yeap I've been toying with the idea of buying a new German made campervan but I've seen those boneyards full of hundreds of campervans parked up at locations close to Auckland airport too. Guy up the road from me has had a lovely new German made one for a couple of years now. I see it every time I got past his place parked up there. I figure he maybe uses it 10-15 days a year., not that I'm really counting but its almost always there. Probably about how much I'd realistically use one too until I'm fully retired. Makes financial sense to rent them until one is fully retired and going to use it a LOT. I wonder whether the novelty of living in such a confined space on holiday would wear out pretty quickly too.
    It would for me.
    Have friends who had always was what they were going to do when they retired. Now that they are (managed to retire early) and now the tour the country with a "5th wheeler" - like a caravan that is connected like an articulated truck to the deck of their ute.
    Have done 2 weeks around the South Island with them as it happens - some years ago when they had a camper-van of their own on a Toyota Dyna (I think) chassis. That was long enough - I think it might have been a novelty for me at the time!
    But they are right into it - joined the 5th wheelers "club" which has its own facebook page so they know here each other are and meet up, have rallies etc etc. They also have a base (their own house - rented to their daughter) where they park up from time to time and still use the 5th wheeler to sleep in/spend most of their time in while their, so I think it is a lifestyle choice.
    We were looking at renting one for a week but could not get into camping grounds at the time we wanted - not to keen on being self sufficient in one

Grant Webster and his mates still pleading with government to relax border controls ...at least with Australia.

Could regret it if such actions caused another widespread lockdown

Webster trying even harder than before in trying to convince the govt that we need a travel bubble with OZ ...soon

Can’t see why one isn’t workable ....instead of a door that’s either closed or open we need a swing door. Figure that out
    Last edited by winner69; 29-01-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Could have more potential problems that it's worth, may as well hang out until later in the year when many have been vaccinated

Good piece from Rob Campbell on tourism’s future

Love it when he can mention Iceland, Stalin and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young in a short article

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/o...be-destructive

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Good piece from Rob Campbell on tourism’s future

Love it when he can mention Iceland, Stalin and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young in a short article

https://businessdesk.co.nz/article/o...be-destructive
    Well, I guess he sort of stops before it gets interesting, but he is right - it would be good to have a plan. Time for the government to set up a working group to discuss whether we need a framework to set up a national plan for the return of tourism, isn't it?

Obviously - we will need as well to give due attention to the growing impact of anti tourism forces ... including the minister against immigration
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)