sharetrader
Page 191 of 397 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 3965

And she's off!

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    And she's off!
    Nicely through the $4.00 resistance point. I'm a recent convert to THL and like that it isn't all about NZ, this is a well diversified International company with dominant positions in NZ, Australia and USA..... add to that it's digital diversification and things could get exciting.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Nicely through the $4.00 resistance point. I'm a recent convert to THL and like that it isn't all about NZ, this is a well diversified International company with dominant positions in NZ, Australia and USA..... add to that it's digital diversification and things could get exciting.
    Yeap a very well run and managed company, Am happy i got back in at the last dip after struggling to pin down my assessment of fair value (as i watched the sp disappear into the distance) Not without risks but plenty of value still there in the long haul as I see it.

New Zealand sharemarket rises amid broad-based buying
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11883905

Tourism Holdings' share price rose 2.2 per cent to a record high of $4.20.

Tourism Holdings rose 2.2 per cent to $4.20.

"It has been on a bit of a run recently, on pretty good volumes," Smalley said. "If it gets up to $4.30, on an adjusted basis that's the highest it has been since 1993 - we're looking at a 24-year high. "You'd have to be living under a rock to miss that tourism has taken over dairy as our biggest export earner. Investors are obviously thinking things are looking pretty good for the sector."

Its been a bit quite on this thread...
    . Looks like it will take out 4.30 tomorrow, and on up to 4.50 very soon if the trend rises are repeated. Bolly bands are tight. I predict a 5-10 % jump on the way, just by the basic chart and general tourism, and given that results are out this month. I have too many here anyway so wont be buying anymore.
    Anyone else care to cristal ball gaze?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Its been a bit quite on this thread...
    . Looks like it will take out 4.30 tomorrow, and on up to 4.50 very soon if the trend rises are repeated. Bolly bands are tight. I predict a 5-10 % jump on the way, just by the basic chart and general tourism, and given that results are out this month. I have too many here anyway so wont be buying anymore.
    Anyone else care to cristal ball gaze?
    Agree with you. Things are certainly positive. As previously mentioned I'm keen to hear about the US business and how that is performing. I do think the sp will stall soon without further news

Investor

Nice price action before results out next week..boosted by large crossing of 250k at 4.32 a piece.

4.50 on results day perhaps??
    Last edited by sb9; 17-08-2017 at 03:27 PM.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Nice price action before results out next week..boosted by large crossing of 250k at 4.32 a piece.

4.50 on results day perhaps??
    Yep. Bolli bands being squeezed and looking to break out - hopefully upwards and onwards. Disc Hold.

Maybe some anticipation that there is a good result next week . Nice jump today. My second largest holding to NTL . Maybe i can get to no 3 in the SP contest :-) The US is a bit of a worry at the mo, so will be interesting to see what comes out of that as far as profits go.

Investor

https://nzx.com/companies/THL/announcements/305865

At first glance, pretty numbers to be pleased about..

* Fully imputed dividend of 11cps, bringing the full year dividend to 21cps (partially imputed) - up 11% on the pcp
    * FY18 outlook positive; expected NPAT between $36M-39M. Update to be provided at our Annual Meeting
    * The result is a record result for the Company. thl Chairman, Mr Rob Campbell, said, “in 2015 we set a target for the business to reach $30M NPAT in FY19. This goal assisted the business to direct energy in the areas that would really make a difference. It is pleasing for the business and shareholders to deliver to this target two years earlier than originally planned.”
    * In December 2016, with the announcement of the El Monte acquisition and associated transactions, we announced a new target for the business - $50M NPAT in FY20. Already, within the six months since that announcement, we have, again, seen the business galvanise around that target.”