Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
JR tourism is probably strong at the moment and im sure THL must be benefiting from this , as stated earlier i think they have under est the pick up since their last report at the annual meeting hence there projections are probably on the low side going forward.
Also stated aim to start repaying dividends later this year and the potentially huge returns from the RWC make THL very cheap now if you take a 2 year view , that is why i say the early bird is buying cheap now for what they will receive in way of capital gain + divs in 2011.
The only thing I worry about is mangemnt not living up to the potential and as others have stated this has been a concern over the years.
Maybe this new fellow at the helm will surprise us all ?
I would look for some positive forecasts for this tourism season when they announce results to 31 December on 24th February. You could reasonably expect both yeilds and forward bookings to be tracking well ahead of forecast.

In all probability RWC year will be a vintage year for THL. But at the end of the cup final the shareholders will need to be able to look forward to economic returns from their assets over the core summer tourism seasons if the shareprice is going to justify $2.50 or so.