sharetrader
Page 258 of 397 FirstFirst ... 158208248254255256257258259260261262268308358 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    NO! Last thing we need!
    More along the lines of group self drive I think, follow the leader around nz.

i forgot to mention tarriffs on steel will increase the price of RV to purchase and naintenance costs will go up
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Bought a parcel of these a couple of days ago, timing was out, never mind will just hold the falling stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    "The Don" won his court battle on the Muslim country ban list right ? Fallout from his waging war on all trade fronts (even with his former allies) to hit tourism into the U.S. ?
    Posted just 4 days ago at $6.50.
    Big break down through the 100 day MA which is $6.30 now to $6.10. Its had a marvelous run these last few years..market perhaps starting to wonder if there isn't at least some small element of cyclicality to THL's earnings ? http://www.4-traders.com/TOURISM-HOL...92/financials/
    I don't think its expensive per se, but in a risk off environment I guess some might ask are their earnings as resilient as more defensive stocks ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-07-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Big break down through the 100 day MA which is $6.30 now to $6.10. Its had a marvelous run these last few years and is priced pretty much for perfection...market starting to wonder if there isn't at least some small element of cyclicality to THL's earnings ?
    Ouch - just looked at market depth - hardly any buyers left.

I guess - sure they might have peaked, but lacking any announcement - what is going on?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Ouch - just looked at market depth - hardly any buyers left.

I guess - sure they might have peaked, but lacking any announcement - what is going on?

I edited that as its not priced for perfection on a forward PE of mid 16's but I guess its just the whole political environment at the moment BP. Will trade wars expand into tourism wars and if global markets turn bearish do people cut back on expensive holidays a bit ? A decent family holiday in a THL camper in the South Island for say 10 days is not a cheap exercise for a family.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-07-2018 at 10:43 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Probably people cashing up for school holiday money, tourism ain't slowing down anytime soon.

Big break down through the 100 day MA which is $6.30 now to $6.10. Its had a marvelous run these last few years and is priced pretty much for perfection...market starting to wonder if there isn't at least some small element of cyclicality to THL's earnings ? http://www.4-traders.com/TOURISM-HOL...92/financials/
    I don't think its expensive per se, but in a risk off environment I guess some might ask are their earnings as resilient as more defensive stocks ?
    Possibly, but $8+ would be a better chacterisation on priced for perfection. At $6.10 they have a market cap of $751m. With a stated couple of year goal of $50m of profits that's a forward PE of 15. Perfection - no. Meeting stated goals - yes

Disc - holding.

if you consider china cant match us tarriff , they have to use other measure. in sth korea they asked people not to go to sth korea it had huge impact on tourism so ya get the idea in us have big impact in us for rv rentals
    one step ahead of the herd

Chinese tourist use rv. Are too small %