sharetrader
Page 305 of 397 FirstFirst ... 205255295301302303304305306307308309315355 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3965

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    From what i can make out , the 30 v 60 MA IS CLOSING AND THE BOLLI BANDS ARE QUITE TIGHT. Things might be turning ?
    and a close above 5 bucks is good .... a break out on the cards ...550 and then 600 again

those acquisitions (or being taken over) must be close ...they've teased us too long
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    and a close above 5 bucks is good .... a break out on the cards ...550 and then 600 again

those acquisitions (or being taken over) must be close ...they've teased us too long
    We are more or less where we were Dec 18 week 1......
    then came a nice jump.
    i had bought some in July at 6.10 but soon sold everything at 5.9 on the way down .
    looking to buy in again, but happy to have made 30 % so far. It does look promising .

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    We are more or less where we were Dec 18 week 1......
    then came a nice jump.
    i had bought some in July at 6.10 but soon sold everything at 5.9 on the way down .
    looking to buy in again, but happy to have made 30 % so far. It does look promising .
    I did well out of THL and like the company, but no longer hold. To my mind the TA is not looking great as it is into 'death cross' territory with a base support level at $5.00

Attachment 10269

It's going to need some positive news or Winners 'acquisition' to reignite the SP IMHO. When that happens I'll be back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    I did well out of THL and like the company, but no longer hold. To my mind the TA is not looking great as it is into 'death cross' territory with a base support level at $5.00

Attachment 10269

It's going to need some positive news or Winners 'acquisition' to reignite the SP IMHO. When that happens I'll be back in.
    That high gives us hope

Been there before so not new territory / blue sky stuff eh

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

It’s been some time since thl started teasing us about the global expansion plans and that they’ll give us a new earnings target for 2020 ‘significantly higher’ than $50m (the last target they have given)

As time passes maybe that was all ‘big hat, no cattle’ as they say in Texas. Just teasing us eh

Without these global acquisitions to drive growth thl is only worth $4.00/$4.50 at best

Maybe they themselves being taken over is actually now the best outcome for shareholders
    Last edited by winner69; 20-01-2019 at 09:55 AM.

Some kind of positive news is imminent I think Upward trend activate

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    Some kind of positive news is imminent I think Upward trend activate
    May have to wait to 26 Feb. I dont mind as long as the SP continues its upwards growth.

Maybe Air New Zealand saying “Markets showing signs of slower growth include leisure travel within domestic New Zealand and softening inbound tourism traffic.” could also apply to thl

AIR announcement sort of implies leisure travel globally not as buoyant as last few years

Maybe that’s why share price down today
    Last edited by winner69; 30-01-2019 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Net migration is falling and the government want it to fall faster.

This is an interesting insight from my mate Rodney -

“It probably isn't a coincidence that net tourism and net migration have started to fall at roughly the same time much as occurred after the previous booms in the first half of the 2000s. It seems that around the same time the permanent net flow of people turns up or down the temporary flow driven mainly by tourists does the same. As covered in our housing and building reports there are good reasons for expecting further sizeable downside in net migration. By implication that implies that net tourism will probably fall further ......”

http://www.sra.co.nz/pdf/TourismThreatOct17.pdf
    Maybe the signs were there

Advanced Member

Hmm, but then thl is not just NZ. Obviously the world confidence levels affect tourism though, and they are seriously hard to read presently.

However, the TH2 digital platform just got a new CEO from high up in expedia (which also owns trivago). http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...929/294189.pdf

Your posts on thl seem variously up or down, Winner. I don't really understand? Are you just nervous that they are a good company but in a market that requires the good times to keep going?