sharetrader
Page 6 of 397 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Strong resistence at 50 cents has been broken and will now turn to support and should push through 52 level, charts looks good with Indicators such as RSI, MACD but my resources are not great as I am having to make do with Direct broking chart as I am travelling so cannot download charting software at many internet cafes.
    Lead up to August 26 results will be an interesting time for THL, will the div return?

Quote Originally Posted by O Dusty View Post
    Strong resistence at 50 cents has been broken and will now turn to support and should push through 52 level,
    .60 may be the new resistance level.

Still a gazillion un-rented camper vans parked up around Auckland airport area (of all companies).
    I wouldn't be jumping in yet.

THL up again, straight through 60 resistence level when NZX down. Bought into THL with a longer term view in mind targeting 2011 increased tourism numbers especially in my opinion the Chinese along with the Rugby world cup, very few fans are going to Cross the world and not tack a holiday onto their world cup plans, chart showing strength but now I think there could be several chances to trade this company profitably between now and then.
    Share rise has been supported by decent volume however majority are small parcels going through, 1000/2000/3500?
    Last edited by Dusty; 05-08-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Not sure what the driver is for the recent rise off its lows around 45c but I was lucky enough to get in at 47c with the longterm trendline break.

Obviously the NZX have their suspicions as well as they have queried THL as to the sudden price rise which has been on fairly solid volume.

I have watched this shareprice fall for quite some time now always intending to enter on the break in the long term trendline. I often wonder why people buy a share in a downtrend when it is the easiest thing in the world to wait for the reversal to occur before jumping in.

Your money can be working somewhere else in the meantime!

Quote Originally Posted by Zito View Post
    Not sure what the driver is for the recent rise off its lows around 45c but I was lucky enough to get in at 47c with the longterm trendline break.

Obviously the NZX have their suspicions as well as they have queried THL as to the sudden price rise which has been on fairly solid volume.

I have watched this shareprice fall for quite some time now always intending to enter on the break in the long term trendline. I often wonder why people buy a share in a downtrend when it is the easiest thing in the world to wait for the reversal to occur before jumping in.

Your money can be working somewhere else in the meantime!
    Similar method as me, I got in at 49c. I have been scouring the internet looking for the driver as well. I thought MOT may have changed it forecasts for tourists to NZ, they have but it has been downgraded to 2.5% for 2010from 4%. This along with several comments that even this may be hard to achieve, a spike of 6.5% during 2011 however. Only news from THL is that they have are still complying with disclosures rules. Anyone else got an idea?
    Only other thing is Aussie visitors are up and their market is performing so well, THL low was 41c in early July. This can't just be speculation because Volume was has been over 500,00 and 400,000 on some of the respected days which is much greater than the usual trading range.

Quote Originally Posted by O Dusty View Post
    Similar method as me, I got in at 49c. I have been scouring the internet looking for the driver as well. I thought MOT may have changed it forecasts for tourists to NZ, they have but it has been downgraded to 2.5% for 2010from 4%. This along with several comments that even this may be hard to achieve, a spike of 6.5% during 2011 however. Only news from THL is that they have are still complying with disclosures rules. Anyone else got an idea?
    Only other thing is Aussie visitors are up and their market is performing so well, THL low was 41c in early July. This can't just be speculation because Volume was has been over 500,00 and 400,000 on some of the respected days which is much greater than the usual trading range.
    ABN halved its valuation of THL to 51c and Forsyth Barr are at $1.13 with both maintaining a hold. Several brokers have downgraded their forecast for results on the 26th from a prefit to a loss. Most probably no dividend this year so surely in spite of the negative forecasts Volume and SP arn't being driven by the Great Kiwi Invite campaign

The winter ski season in the South Island has been a good one this year, and tourism is getting reasonable growth from the Australian market. That might combine to produce a good result from the off-season. As far as full year prospects go, the main summer season is far more critical. There may still be a downturn in the high value tourists from Europe and North America. I would look for a comment as to how forward bookings are in comparison with last year before deciding if this "green shoot" is real. Either that or trust the charts I suppose.

I'm not a holder, just an interested spectator.

Nothing to exciting in the announcement today and pretty non-committal about the future

Had to smile when discontinued operations made a proft while ongoing operations made a loss

See shareprice is down from the 64 cents when NZX questioned why .... down to 54 cents now

Spose thats where it'll hang around for a while

One of the achievements mentioned is increased market share of hire days. This is of course contributing to the poor yield. Expansion needs to be justified by increased profits, as you can't pay out market share and enhanced brands as a dividend to the shareholders.