sharetrader
Page 316 of 397 FirstFirst ... 216266306312313314315316317318319320326366 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3964

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

I currently have no THL and am happy with my decisions, even if you are not.
    For the record, this is what I posted on 2 Nov after the profit downgrade :

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Sp has fallen a long way from the high of $6.85 reached in June this year so it is tempting to think that the worse is over.

A few observations:

1. The sp has been falling in advance of

i) news of negotiations to sell tourism assets &

ii) effectively a profit downgrade announced at the AGM - means there's insider information leaking out imo,

Playing field is not level.

2. First downgrade is never the last - they do come in threes,

3. This is the longest stretch (6 years) I have know THL to perform well and consistently since its days as The Helicopter Line way back in the 1990s - could 1 and 2 above signal that the at phase is over for this run?

4. Current sp is exactly where it was a year ago - so not as bad as it looks which means worse could be in the offing?

5. There were expectations of potential corporate activity after Citi took a stake. That looks unlikely now with the downturn in China equities and economy.

Prefer to be on the side lines at present - downgrades are not a risk I like to chance! Z Energy is a good example in recent times of how one downgrade begets another!

Happy to wait for review and goal reset before re-evaluating.

Craigs have upgraded their rating from Hold to Buy

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by herbert240 View Post
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by herbert240 View Post
    That’s good ...l.probably why share price is relatively strong today

Punters love Craig’s
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    LF, thanks for your response.

My point is that TA posters too often post hindsight observations of when a stock did this or did that, and so it was a sell or a buy.

Would it not be more useful (and to establish a track history as well) to have sold your shares in THL and posted your death cross observation? Bugger those who accuse anyone of down ramping or whatsoever - they are posters of little consequence imo.
    Balance, I really think you are off on the wrong tangent. By your admission we both sold out THL at the same time and I am quite entitled to point out the TA risks of trading in THL currently while it is in a 'down trend.'

As to establishing a 'track record' I have better things to do with my life than post every day and besides in Sept/Oct last year I was overseas on holiday so didn't have the time nor inclination to post my 'trades'.

As to my track record, I am content with the profile that I have posted under my left field identity on this site. I do not need or wish to prove anything more.

I am clearly in need of a break from your ire and am happy that from tomorrow I will be in the depths of the southern alps without internet connectivity. Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

As to establishing a 'track record' I have better things to do with my life than post every day and besides in Sept/Oct last year ....

As to my track record, I am content with the profile that I have posted under my left field identity on this site. I do not need or wish to prove anything more.
    It's ok - you can keep posting your TA hindsight stuff.

Your track record will speak for itself, right?
    Last edited by Balance; 27-02-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Up from $4.31 to $4.67 in two days!

Okay, true confessions time ... who else is kicking themselves for selling on Tuesday? I sure am.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Up from $4.31 to $4.67 in two days!

Okay, true confessions time ... who else is kicking themselves for selling on Tuesday? I sure am.
    I am too! LOL

Default Hand on the pump

Man, I had my hand right on the sell trigger. It looked pretty bleak. I have tons of OCA and THL in my ASB account, and more diverse holdings in my ANZ account. I changed the password for ASB (making it excessively complicated) and then threw it away. This way it's going to be a huge hassle for me to get back into that account and trade those shares.

I want to log back in ten years from now. That's the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    I am too! LOL
    Last edited by cymonger; 28-02-2019 at 02:03 PM.

So trading is a hard job. You never know how the SP move in next day or two. Better to look Company long-term track record and see if there are any fundamental changes in the Company. For THL, I don't see any fundamental deterioration but maybe the industry has passed peak cycle, which is marco factor and it has nothing to do with the company.