sharetrader
Page 324 of 397 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 3962

Hey Balance, remember when those Aussies made an offer of $2.80 for thl in 2007

The independent adviser’s report said it was worth over $3 and shareholders didn’t support the offer.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge in the last 12 years hasn’t it.

That offer was for $277m and market cap now $523m ....so market cap gone up 5%/6% pa ...doesn’t seem much does it.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Hey Balance, remember when those Aussies made an offer of $2.80 for thl in 2007

The independent adviser’s report said it was worth over $3 and shareholders didn’t support the offer.

A lot of water has gone under the bridge in the last 12 years hasn’t it.

That offer was for $277m and market cap now $523m ....so market cap gone up 5%/6% pa ...doesn’t seem much does it.
    Maybe all its really worth all these years later. Talk about an American fishing expedition gone wrong !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-04-2019 at 01:50 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

‘earnings ‘recession’ Usually apply to markets but it seems a good term to use in respect of thl current performance.

The ‘recession’ is so deep though some would call it a depression

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    What's all the fuss about. Look on the bright side. SP already up 26c from 3.85 low. Who was lucky enough to get in at 3.85?. I see an uptrend forming in the last 25 minutes.
    Sold those shares bought last Thursday. All out now, but am surprised they let me sell them, owning for less than one business day. I thought you had to be registered at link services or something before you could sell.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Sold those shares bought last Thursday. All out now, but am surprised they let me sell them, owning for less than one business day. I thought you had to be registered at link services or something before you could sell.
    No you can sell any share you buy straight away.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Have sold out my holding completely now, having been invested since $2.70. I signalled my concerns at the time of the TH2 announcement (change to core business etc), but kept most as I felt it was still well-managed. Disappointed at the announcement last week, will watch from the sidelines a little. Most frustrating.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    Have sold out my holding completely now, having been invested since $2.70. I signalled my concerns at the time of the TH2 announcement (change to core business etc), but kept most as I felt it was still well-managed. Disappointed at the announcement last week, will watch from the sidelines a little. Most frustrating.
    And herein lies my problem and reason I´m totally sold out. We all knew the TH2 was a diversion from core business and came with risk. Some of us liked it and some didn´t. However, I think we were all caught out with the big bad failure of the core business in the US that they have just admitted and told us they don´t yet know how to fix !!

I reckon there’s plenty of investors who still love thl and we’ll see the share price back over 5 bucks before too long.

Sold down to 430 when guidance for F19 reduced to $32m odd and then sold down to 420 when guidance reduced to around to $25m

Shows resilience and the believers in Robs vitality will see the share price head back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    And herein lies my problem and reason I´m totally sold out. We all knew the TH2 was a diversion from core business and came with risk. Some of us liked it and some didn´t. However, I think we were all caught out with the big bad failure of the core business in the US that they have just admitted and told us they don´t yet know how to fix !!
    In my opinion the nature of the business changed, (higher gearing and higher risk) when they acquired the American operations. The Trump effect was something I expressed concern about early on and I believe this is one of the underlying causes of the decline in the profitability of the American operations. TH2 looks like another fiasco.

I disagree Winner with your latest post and think your original call about dividends being effectively paid from raising debt, (something that has been happening for years) is the right one. I see this slow motion train wreck playing out over a number of years with the potential at some stage for Rob Campbell to want to reduce his workload. The systemic issue with very slow used campervan sales could take years to get sorted out and may require a fundamental shift in their business plan to run used campers a lot longer and employ considerable numbers of new mechanics to deal with the deeper cycle maintenance requirements. If you can't sell old campers the only way out of that hole is to keep running them and stop capex on so many new ones, (probably what their capex review will come up with).
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-04-2019 at 09:31 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I reckon there’s plenty of investors who still love thl and we’ll see the share price back over 5 bucks before too long.

Sold down to 430 when guidance for F19 reduced to $32m odd and then sold down to 420 when guidance reduced to around to $25m

Shows resilience and the believers in Robs vitality will see the share price head back up again.
    i think I want to see the evidence before buying again. Agree its a cautious approach...but their recent track record supports my approach at this point.