sharetrader
Page 309 of 397 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,090 of 3965
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    I made a fair amount of money (for me!) playing "catch the falling knife" with Air NZ in 2016 - bought while the price was tumbling, averaging down, then sold when it went back up - worked for me, but probably not the best strategy
    Yep I keep telling myself to stop catching the falling knife but I keep on doing it. Hopeless!

Looks like 450 holding strongly ....that’s good
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Looks like 450 holding strongly ....that’s good
    Holding for now. I can't help wondering how much gas Rob Campbell has in the tank at his age, (probably because I can start to feel my own energy level's starting to wane a bit lol)
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Come 26 Feb half year I’d be hoping that an when updated table (below) would look a lot healthier.

Using those cash flows as a base for a DCF it’s very hard to see how you’d get an equity value of $700m (today’s market cap)

Never mind, the teasing might be over and a huge acquisition will be announced that will distract punters for a year or so.
    Attached Images Attached Images

....or maybe thl being taken over at $5.50 is the best thing theing to look forward to.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Holding for now. I can't help wondering how much gas Rob Campbell has in the tank at his age, (probably because I can start to feel my own energy level's starting to wane a bit lol)
    I agree with this Beagle and found it disappointing that Rob, who has done a good job at THL and SUM, would add SKC to his busy schedule 18 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I agree with this Beagle and found it disappointing that Rob, who has done a good job at THL and SUM, would add SKC to his busy schedule 18 months ago.
    I have been to a few presentations of Rob C over the years and had a couple of discussions with him not that long ago. I think Rob has a very active mind and is a master in delegating to and motivating others. Even if Rob is past his best, which I doubt, I consider him still as one of NZ best directors.
    Go to one of his presentations, see if you still think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    I have been to a few presentations of Rob C over the years and had a couple of discussions with him not that long ago. I think Rob has a very active mind and is a master in delegating to and motivating others. Even if Rob is past his best, which I doubt, I consider him still as one of NZ best directors.
    Go to one of his presentations, see if you still think the same.
    I agree with you Forest but my concern is that THL is FAR from a bunch of relatively simple Australasian business it was a few years ago and then as Iceman has pointed out the demands of the Chairman role at SKC who have many of their own complex issues are not inconsiderable either. Dramatically increasing the workload with advancing years and an expanding waistline is not usually a good combination of factors. (This dog thinks there's a major fight shaping up between FBU and SKC over the international convention centre that might require huge amounts of intellectual horsepower and time from both boards) https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12203007
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-02-2019 at 03:34 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    And I have the same concerns with Briscoes. How long will the Duke of Retail keep going ? Or want to keep going ?

What share programme are you guys/galls using as I would like to invest in a good but reasonable priced one? As I see lots of talk about shorts and longs and it does not make much sense without some sort of live viewing of what is happening at any moment in the stock exchange.
    Last edited by Saffer; 12-02-2019 at 03:56 PM. Reason: want to add