sharetrader
Page 314 of 397 FirstFirst ... 214264304310311312313314315316317318324364 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3964

Keeping the faith as dividend in the pocket

Quote Originally Posted by Lease View Post
    Guys above disappointed THL is understandable. But THL has track record of excellence. Probably you need to look at it in the long-run which I believe it will still be excellent.

No companies without any concerns. If there was one, its share price would have reached sky high.
    Understand that Lease, but THL SP has been steadily heading the wrong way for around 8 months now. That's what worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Understand that Lease, but THL SP has been steadily heading the wrong way for around 8 months now. That's what worries me.
    I don't encourage others to buy into the share right now as my gut feeling is the industry has passed peak cycle, and nobody is able to confront the trend if the cycle is going downward. So at moment, long-term investors should hold sufficient cash on hand and wait for, probably market crash.

Guys above disappointed THL is understandable. But THL has track record of excellence. Probably you need to look at it in the long-run which I believe it will still be excellent.

No companies without any concerns. If there was one, its share price would have reached sky high.

Long term history thats not so ....only recently could you say a track record of excellence (and some might question that statement)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    Keeping the faith as dividend in the pocket
    The divee tempted me to hold at least for a while but decided my capital loss would exceed the divee given their result and the current downtrend. Pleased to be out of this one atm.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Long term history thats not so ....only recently could you say a track record of excellence (and some might question that statement)
    I started to invest THL in 2008, just prior to GFC. In those extremely difficult years, THL had only one year made loss. Once market conditions are improved, it outperformed. Probably a decade you think is not very long, but I have gone through with THL ups and downs. I put my faith on THL management.
    Last edited by Lease; 26-02-2019 at 11:56 AM.

I started to invest THL in 2008, just prior to GFC. In those extremely difficult years, THL had only one year made loss. Once market conditions are improved, it outperformed. Probably a decade you think is not very long, but I have gone through with THL ups and downs. I put my faith on THL management.
    I agree with you Lease, I think we have exceptional good management with THL. THL is moving with the times and adjusting there business model. This is something to encourage in management. I think THL is a case of the more you understand the management and company the more one is comfortable with the direction it is going.

The 3 year forecast is for $50m from business as usual, that is good growth to come and a high dividend on top of it.
    Maybe volatile for some time but good prospects.
    Last edited by forest; 26-02-2019 at 12:29 PM.

I am another committed shareholder that invested in the company in the most difficult years they hardly do capital raising even in gfc

https://www.marketscreener.com/TOURI...92/financials/
    Based on $33m forecast = eps = 25.1 cps so $32m the new forecast = 24.3 cps. I really struggle to see the growth in eps that the average analyst is forecasting here and I expect downgrades to come through as growth has well and truly come off the boil. At $4.39 they are on a forward PE of 18.1. I do not think that's cheap by any means in the circumstances.
    The chart says there's a VERY clear downtrend and the fundamental's do not look compelling at all for a tourism company. PE of 18 is about as high as this company has ever traded when growth was on track.

I expect the strong correction to continue for quite some time. This looks like a good stock to avoid for a while until a new uptrend commences and that might be quite some time in the future.
    Somewhere in the low $3 range provided they can show some traction with the millions they're investing in TH2, it could be worth another look.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-02-2019 at 01:18 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

This from presentation interesting ....expected company values to fall and get things cheaper in future?

Can you provide an update on the M&A opportunities mentioned at the 2018 Annual Meeting?

thl continues to explore a number of potential M&A opportunities. In January, we decided not to proceed with a potential material acquisition that was being explored for some time. We continue to remain disciplined on pricing and are committed to only proceeding with M&A opportunities where we believe that the opportunity represents real value for thl.

There has been a general decline in pricing across the globe in publicly-listed RV & tourism businesses, which thl itself has also been impacted by. Any future M&A opportunities that we explore in this sector would need to reflect this change in the overall market.

There has been some commentary in the market that we are considering a capital raise to fund potential M&A. We can confirm that we have no current transactions in play which would require us to undertake a capital raise
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”