sharetrader
Page 285 of 397 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    at this level (now at $5.06)
    even though I said it would hit 5.00 I'm still surprised !!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I just had a bit of a look...…….keen on this for an upcoming holiday! Also payback for all those tourists who come to NZ and drive like a nong…..
    And as you speak. seven people in a campervan!!
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-heral...orth-of-timaru

And as you speak. seven people in a campervan!!
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-heral...orth-of-timaru
    And Kiwis sadly do the same in the US
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/106...ar-crash-in-us
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Anyone shed some light on waht this means

"
    In its annual results for the year ended 30 June 2018 released on 28 August
    2018, Tourism Holdings Limited indicated its intention that the Dividend
    Reinvestment Plan (DRP) for the final dividend would be fully underwritten.
    thl wishes to advise that as part of its ongoing review of its business and
    activities, thl has decided to no longer seek to fully underwrite the DRP for
    the final dividend.
    mondograss is correct in what he/she/rainbow says. I would point out that they have only said they will not FULLY underwrite the DRP. I guess it'll be just enough to cover cash outflows. Winner, you'll know - whats their FCF like?

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    A simple 180 day moving average line would have kept people in from 50 cents all the way to getting out a while back at just over $6, 12 times your money in 5 years, not too shabby eh. When it clearly breaks back up through that support line I'll buy it and not before.
    Are you not a weany bit tempted to buy a few at these levels Mr Beagle? If it goes below $5 I fear I will be unable to resist gobbling up a wee few. PS I am still working on my impulse control!
    Last edited by RupertBear; 19-09-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Are you not a weany bit tempted to buy a few at these levels Mr Beagle? If it goes below $5 I fear I will be unable to resist gobbling up a wee few. PS I am still working on my impulse control!
    Tricky thing for dogs and bears catching falling knives using just your claws, (so as to avoid bloodshed). Almost inevitably you slice some of your paw pads and end up limping for quite a while afterwards. TA screams stay out. For mine, they have failed miserably to articulate how their investment in th2 will be earnings accretive. They introduced this into a JV with Thor, wrote the value up and engaged in highly creative accounting saying they'd made a profit. To add insult to injury they're now throwing money at it and who knows how deep that rat hole becomes ?
    Show me one major IT project that's gone to plan in terms of cost and time...I think the risks are the cost blows right out and there's no tangible EPS from it.
    I also think people have forgotten that tourism can be a cyclical industry...business confidence and now consumer confidence is hitting decade lows.

A far less risky strategy is to wait for the next up cycle, (whenever that may be) and buy into that. Sure it trades cum a nice divvy but this hound reckons paying divvies out of rising debt level's is a dangerous game. They're already 100 campers behind with their re-sales, how are they going to sell these expensive campers if business and consumer confidence is deep in the toilet ? Cash flow to be impacted further ?
    And then to trump all these concerns there's the man himself who is doing his best to start a trade war with all and sundry including America's friends...that can't help tourism.
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-09-2018 at 11:27 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Watch and wait for a or several big crossing(s) of several million shares.

Then ......

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Watch and wait for a or several big crossing(s) of several million shares.

Then ......
    Cheers Balance

I entered yesterday @5.08 as i was not able to resist...

Also Slide 44 of their presentation read as "With a number of M&A and business changing activities still underway in the business, we believe it is prudent to wait until the Annual Meeting in October to review the forecast position for the Company"

You make a call on and decide... (its up to $5.22 already... ) so hurry...

Outside thinking.

Well done Carrom..... looks like you picked it!