sharetrader
Page 244 of 246 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246 LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 3683
  1. #3646
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Share price yoyoing. Nobody knows what is happening. At least in the GFC there were some economic rules to sort of follow.

  2. #3647
    Investor / Wizard / Mall Santa Pricey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    52

    Default

    I've been WFH, self-isolating and social distancing overseas for just over a week and a half now. I woke up the other day thinking, damn I need a holiday. Once things get back to normal, you will have a lot of people with built up disposal income, built up annual leave entitlement who need a holiday. THL could do well on the other side (if they make it).

    A thought which might provide solace to holders (like myself).
    "His loyalty couldn't be bought at any price; but it could be rented remarkably cheaply."

  3. #3648
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pricey View Post
    I've been WFH, self-isolating and social distancing overseas for just over a week and a half now. I woke up the other day thinking, damn I need a holiday. Once things get back to normal, you will have a lot of people with built up disposal income, built up annual leave entitlement who need a holiday. THL could do well on the other side (if they make it).

    A thought which might provide solace to holders (like myself).
    I like your optimism. And you could well be correct. However, I think the more likely scenario is that individuals following this will likely,

    a) Reduce spending for some time due smaller investment holding (house and kiwisaver values likely to drop)
    b) Less disposable income due to being placed on leave without pay or worse loosing job all altogether
    c) Have little annual leave accrued due to business's placing staff on annual leave through shutdown.
    d) small business owners will be less likely to holiday due to recovering their business losses through shutdown.

    Im steering well clear of tourism companies as I think their rebound time will be longer than others.

  4. #3649
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bolivia.
    Posts
    1,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by petty View Post
    I like your optimism. And you could well be correct. However, I think the more likely scenario is that individuals following this will likely,

    a) Reduce spending for some time due smaller investment holding (house and kiwisaver values likely to drop)
    b) Less disposable income due to being placed on leave without pay or worse loosing job all altogether
    c) Have little annual leave accrued due to business's placing staff on annual leave through shutdown.
    d) small business owners will be less likely to holiday due to recovering their business losses through shutdown.

    Im steering well clear of tourism companies as I think their rebound time will be longer than others.
    Agree. It isn't just as simple as the lockdown in NZ and all being hunky dory. All of these other countries have to be clear and able to travel as well. Who knows when aviation will come back either - got to get here somehow.

    I think it will also depend on confidence - how confident are punters going to be to get in a metal tube and fly half way around the world for a bit of a holiday.

    Very big barge pole at the moment.....

  5. #3650
    An Awesome Cool Cat winner69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    25,885

    Default

    BIG rally in travel related stocks today

    Worst must be over
    “Just consider that maybe the probability of you being wrong is higher than you think.”

  6. #3651
    Veteran novice
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    6,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    BIG rally in travel related stocks today

    Worst must be over
    Really? More likely it's the allure of low-priced goods!


  7. #3652
    Advanced Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bolivia.
    Posts
    1,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Really? More likely it's the allure of low-priced goods!

    Or cut-price holidays!

  8. #3653
    I like peanuts... youngatheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oh, everywhere
    Posts
    294

    Default

    ??? Are those all THL camper vans?

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12320229

    Would certainly explain the puzzling rocketing up in share price these past 2 days...

  9. #3654
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by youngatheart View Post
    ??? Are those all THL camper vans?

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12320229

    Would certainly explain the puzzling rocketing up in share price these past 2 days...
    Yup, if you zoom into the picture you can clearly make out their brands, particularly the Maui and Britz brand on the campervans

  10. #3655
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    662

    Default

    The amount of sharesies buyers is always comical when you see all the buyers stacked to the buy side 111 buyers for 71k shares @ $1.15

  11. #3656
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    The amount of sharesies buyers is always comical when you see all the buyers stacked to the buy side 111 buyers for 71k shares @ $1.15
    What gives rise to that? Does Sharesies set a lowly updated buy/sell price or bundle buys into minimum value trades to reduce brokerage?
    Last edited by mp52; 27-03-2020 at 09:34 AM.
    "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." – John Maynard Keynes

  12. #3657
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mp52 View Post
    What gives rise to that? Does Sharesies set a lowly updated buy/sell price or bundle buys into minimum value trades to reduce brokerage?
    From what I've seen from my experience while testing the platform, they place orders individually but all of its in their name. Just like how bots can trade 1 or 2 shares constantly, Sharesies also can do that too since I'm sure they have worked out a cheap rate that allows them to buy and sell in a very cost efficient way.

  13. #3658
    Guru
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Posts
    3,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mp52 View Post
    What gives rise to that? Does Sharesies set a lowly updated buy/sell price or bundle buys into minimum value trades to reduce brokerage?
    Sharsies is an NZX participant. Thus they will not be paying "brokerage" for their trades. Individual sharesies members pay 0.5% per trade (from Memory). So if I purchase $20 worth of shares my brokerage is 10 cents and sharesies puts my order to market. The NZX charges sharesies whatever they do but it may be a cent? Or sharesies pay a fixed amount and can do as many transactions as they like.

  14. #3659
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    auckland, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Nice to see all those THL vans being used but at what rate? $500 a day or $100 a day.
    And as a tax payer who is paying the tax payer or the user?

  15. #3660
    2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PLYNCH View Post
    Nice to see all those THL vans being used but at what rate? $500 a day or $100 a day.
    And as a tax payer who is paying the tax payer or the user?
    I don't imagine it to be a high rate, but it should be enough to keep people working and enough to pay wages so THL will come out of this no problem. $3 stock by the end of the year

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •