sharetrader
Page 283 of 397 FirstFirst ... 183233273279280281282283284285286287293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Have a look at the 5 year chart mate and then plot the logical extension from about the 4 year point to now in a straight line and you get a nice straight line from about 90 cents five years ago to just on $5 today. Maybe the recent steepening of the trend line was just over exuberance and the current price is back to fair value ?
    But they kept announcing good things like acquisitions and big targets to keep punters enthusiastic.

A bit of a lull lately ....desperately need to announce a big acquisition / ‘event’ tonstop the downtrend

Did read an article on FCF per share multiples today ....basically said what Jeff Bezos said a while ago ....and on that basis a reasonable value for thl is 400/450
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But they kept announcing good things like acquisitions and big targets to keep punters enthusiastic.

A bit of a lull lately ....desperately need to announce a big acquisition / ‘event’ tonstop the downtrend

Did read an article on FCF per share multiples today ....basically said what Jeff Bezos said a while ago ....and on that basis a reasonable value for thl is 400/450
    Reversion to the mean is SUM times a bitter pill to swallow...
    That rising debt is a worry as is Trumps terrible tariff tantrums.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-09-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Using a linear price axis on a chart spanning from $0.50 to $7.00 is not a good idea, to put it mildly.

The log chart shows a fairly even 5 years of uptrend that was sick by mid-July, on life-support beginning August and dead by September.

A simple 180 day moving average line would have kept people in from 50 cents all the way to getting out a while back at just over $6, 12 times your money in 5 years, not too shabby eh. When it clearly breaks back up through that support line I'll buy it and not before.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-09-2018 at 06:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Solid company to me as a long-term investor. Holding $50k worth of stock atm. Looking to add more if it gets to $5. I think the recent SP drop is only of concern to traders and only temporary at that.
    Last edited by Jonboyz; 19-09-2018 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonboyz View Post
    Solid company to me as a long-term investor. Holding $50k worth of stock atm. Looking to add more if it gets to $5. I think the recent SP drop is only of concern to traders and only temporary at that.
    Need to come up with a big acquisition / event to turn the tide ....without that share price will continue to drift.

Thl share price always has had heaps of future potential built in to it (forward looking) and the future at the moment doesn’t have heaps of potential ..just solid at best growth
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Need to come up with a big acquisition / event to turn the tide ....without that share price will continue to drift.

Thl share price always has had heaps of future potential built in to it (forward looking) and the future at the moment doesn’t have heaps of potential ..just solid at best growth

I'm not sure an acquisition is needed, THL just needs to up its game in the USA.

I'm just back from a tour of 8 US states by RV (using Cruise America) and still see much potential for THL in the US and Canada. The market leader Cruise America is not doing a great job with dated vehicles and poor service. All the THL / el Monte vans we saw were much better designed and in better condition. THL has much room to grow and based on our rough survey's would only have 10-20% of the USA market.

I also see a Huge potential in THL's IT with apps such a Camper Mate - there is a huge gap in the USA for such apps at the moment.

I'm sure the THL SP will rebound, but in the meantime have taken my gains and reduced my position by 2/3.

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    I'd put THL in a similar bucket to AIR. I.e. THL and AIR are both highly leveraged to economic growth and oil prices. When oil prices increase, economic activity slows and prices increase. THL with their largely fixed costs, low margins and capital intensive business will suffer.....much like an airline does in times like these.

Without being too controversial, it I was betting oil was to continue to trend towards $100+ for the next 18 months, this is stock I'd be selling along with AIR NZ.
    Sell, sell, sell.
    By the way - it's upside_down, not upside_umop

Quote Originally Posted by upside_umop View Post
    Sell, sell, sell.
    Seems like you are being listened to $5.10 the new price

fcnz lowered price to around 5 , so that probably means lower
    one step ahead of the herd

Ouch ... from $6.85 on 25/06 to $5.11 as I write this in just under three months ... my daughter's portfolio has some in it, sends shivers down my spine when I look at it

Not keen on selling as she will take a substantial loss, I think for better or worse she will have to ride this one out.