sharetrader
Page 308 of 397 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 3962

That's true Beagle. Making the way down to the south island for a travel itself is a luxury trip already! But if you have already made the decision and planning for a unique experience, a campervan can give you one that is very differentiated from the normal motel/bnb stays unless you are looking at something super-luxury down there I have never been that luxury in my life so can't tell what that would be like. I agree with you, each to their own as I dream of going out for camping every weekend with my kid and sitting in a chair sipping my handmade espresso!

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Exchange rate also makes a big difference - not that long ago the Kiwi was 3 to the pound, 2 to the USD and about 2 to the Euro.

Makes a huge difference for a Pom coming here, or a Yank for that matter. Makes a huge difference also for Kiwi's going off-shore for hols.

But I wouldn't argue about price gouging in some areas......
    The last time it was $3 to the pound was about 10 years ago

THL getting hammered ... down to $4.53 as I type this ... I dread to think where the bottom is on this one

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    THL getting hammered ... down to $4.53 as I type this ... I dread to think where the bottom is on this one
    Thinking the same thing myself. Sold a few at $5.10 wishing I had sold them all. Oh well maybe a good buying oportunity coming up, but when is the question?!

Make it $4.52 - no, actually $4.51. $4.53 was the last big bottom in November 2018, a quite important support level which looks pretty weak at current.

If it doesn't hold (it is the day end price which counts), than we enter nearly uncharted territory - a 3 handle seems possible.

Time for THL supporters to put their money where their mouth is? All hands to the pump ! Only alternative I could see is: run for the hills!
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

I confess to a small nibble yesterday...but probably jumped the gun again

Maybe on the 26th there will be some news on the acquisitions they have been teasing us about ...or the new big target for 2020

No news share price back to around 4 bucks with the diminished hope of acquisitions ...even though current business means $3.50 is a more realistic price based on $40m profit this year ....a PE of 11 is pretty good for a capital intensive business.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Who knows? Might still bounce. However - a tight stoploss might appear at current appropriate ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I made a fair amount of money (for me!) playing "catch the falling knife" with Air NZ in 2016 - bought while the price was tumbling, averaging down, then sold when it went back up - worked for me, but probably not the best strategy

Very clear downtrend suggests this is a very high risk entry point. Trying to pick a bottom with no encouragement from TA usually results in disappointment. Be careful little bear.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine