sharetrader
Page 366 of 397 FirstFirst ... 266316356362363364365366367368369370376 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,660 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    The amount of sharesies buyers is always comical when you see all the buyers stacked to the buy side 111 buyers for 71k shares @ $1.15
    What gives rise to that? Does Sharesies set a lowly updated buy/sell price or bundle buys into minimum value trades to reduce brokerage?
    Last edited by mp52; 27-03-2020 at 10:34 AM.
    "The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." – John Maynard Keynes

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mp52 View Post
    What gives rise to that? Does Sharesies set a lowly updated buy/sell price or bundle buys into minimum value trades to reduce brokerage?
    From what I've seen from my experience while testing the platform, they place orders individually but all of its in their name. Just like how bots can trade 1 or 2 shares constantly, Sharesies also can do that too since I'm sure they have worked out a cheap rate that allows them to buy and sell in a very cost efficient way.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mp52 View Post
    Sharsies is an NZX participant. Thus they will not be paying "brokerage" for their trades. Individual sharesies members pay 0.5% per trade (from Memory). So if I purchase $20 worth of shares my brokerage is 10 cents and sharesies puts my order to market. The NZX charges sharesies whatever they do but it may be a cent? Or sharesies pay a fixed amount and can do as many transactions as they like.

Nice to see all those THL vans being used but at what rate? $500 a day or $100 a day.
    And as a tax payer who is paying the tax payer or the user?

2019 NZ Stock Picking Winner silverblizzard888's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLYNCH View Post
    Nice to see all those THL vans being used but at what rate? $500 a day or $100 a day.
    I don't imagine it to be a high rate, but it should be enough to keep people working and enough to pay wages so THL will come out of this no problem. $3 stock by the end of the year

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by PLYNCH View Post
    Not putting many kms on the clock either.....

I would guess there would have been a deal done based on a mutual symbiotic need that takes into account the volume and duration of hire and the time of year.
    Shoulder season for a 6 berth camper for a member of the public in normal times is about $350 per day. Hiring hundreds of them for several months with no mileage being put on them, your guess is as good as mine but...maybe half normal retail rate ~ $175 per day ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-03-2020 at 09:07 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Sadly I believe the real **** has yet to meet the fan.

Ran past these today, quite a site and yes all THL Vans.

Quote Originally Posted by silverblizzard888 View Post
    I don't imagine it to be a high rate, but it should be enough to keep people working and enough to pay wages so THL will come out of this no problem. $3 stock by the end of the year
    Remember they still have an AU and USA business, the latter of which will be absolutely hammered.