sharetrader
Page 107 of 397 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3966

Will know more on November

Investor

Good result as expected. Agree gc, bit disappointed on lack of capital review details. Well, at least good divvy and they seem to be chasing growth through further acquisitions. It should all play out well on the back of tourism boom and lower NZD.

if they can find a good acquisition... that will be great...., with a lower dividends than i thought.. maybe they have something in mind

actually it doesn't really surprise me they didn't do a special div as they need the money for acquisitions.
    I said yrs ago on this thread the only way this company will survive was thru buying sales and mergers and selling excess fleet

I have been proven right and the capital review just confirmed my analysis yrs ago - they should have paid me I would have been cheaper
    one step ahead of the herd

haha..good on you bull..., are you coming to agm..., you can make some comments haha

speeding.jpg

yea I might go in there new campervan model? im guessing this might of been one of the initiatives they were going to announce today?

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    i think this time..thl could go up to around 2.50 short term., medium term 3 dollar is possible
    Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    still good time to buy
    Still yet to see a basis for these claims golden city. Without basis they're just ramping.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    naturally good times wont last for ever ( nothing guaranteed for any company ) tourism has cycles like most other things but as they say when these times come they will fund the divs thru operating earnings, even back in the ****ty days of the gfc thl still managed to pay something as a div.
    even at 7% now and a fall to 3%? in the future? your average return over a number of yrs is still respectable this is what you achieve thru smoothing the divs over yrs, what thl are saying they will do.
    anyway remember nothing is guaranteed ever. make hay while the sun shines
    Gidday Bull,

Cheers for the reply. Seems like a reasonable company to hold as part of a diversified portfolio and for exposure to that sector. However if it's dividends you're after, I think there's better options out there. For example, HNZ, PGW and HLG all have earnings yields around 10%. In bad times what could you expect this to drop to, 5%? Still better than 7% and 3% (divvy yeild) for THL. However if you're trying to find 20-30 higher yielding companies then I guess THL is an option.

Thoughts?

Cheers, NBT

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Still yet to see a basis for these claims golden city. Without basis they're just ramping.
    Management have been open about focussing on 30mil NPAT in just a few short years. COMVITA management also made a similar prediction that has already been priced into the share price in my opinion. If THL were to produce 30 NPAT in the medium term then $3.00 is a sound prediction for a fair value given the increase in dividend pay out and growth opportunities

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Gidday Bull,

Cheers for the reply. Seems like a reasonable company to hold as part of a diversified portfolio and for exposure to that sector. However if it's dividends you're after, I think there's better options out there. For example, HNZ, PGW and HLG all have earnings yields around 10%. In bad times what could you expect this to drop to, 5%? Still better than 7% and 3% (divvy yeild) for THL. However if you're trying to find 20-30 higher yielding companies then I guess THL is an option.

Thoughts?

Cheers, NBT
    good points although all the stocks you mention are influenced by different cycles within the economy so unless your wanting to trade a specific cycle a mix of stocks for yield is probably better , but you already know that I believe as mentioned by your comments.
    actually interesting that all those stocks you mention trade with very good fundamentals even cheap some may say wonder if it because maybe they are all a little bit risky in some way?

thl is influenced by consumer confidence - when everyone is feeling good about there financial well being they go on holiday when we are not feeling good we stay home.
    thl fortunes flow with this cycle both local and international and by the way china problems may only have limited effect on thl ( I don't know how many Chinese drive campervans anyway?) as any slack maybe taken up by us and Europe people.
    a financial market meltdown is very bad for thl even more so than regional dynamics as meltdown effects everyone at once