sharetrader
Page 12 of 397 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    JR tourism is probably strong at the moment and im sure THL must be benefiting from this , as stated earlier i think they have under est the pick up since their last report at the annual meeting hence there projections are probably on the low side going forward.
    Also stated aim to start repaying dividends later this year and the potentially huge returns from the RWC make THL very cheap now if you take a 2 year view , that is why i say the early bird is buying cheap now for what they will receive in way of capital gain + divs in 2011.
    The only thing I worry about is mangemnt not living up to the potential and as others have stated this has been a concern over the years.
    Maybe this new fellow at the helm will surprise us all ?
    I would look for some positive forecasts for this tourism season when they announce results to 31 December on 24th February. You could reasonably expect both yeilds and forward bookings to be tracking well ahead of forecast.

In all probability RWC year will be a vintage year for THL. But at the end of the cup final the shareholders will need to be able to look forward to economic returns from their assets over the core summer tourism seasons if the shareprice is going to justify $2.50 or so.

Stuff all market activity with THL .... at these volumes obvious that not even Belg is selling

Webster playing it safe ... from the NBR

Tourism Holdings chief executive Grant Webster said it was one of the key issues for the industry. “We need quite a bit of demand to come back before profitability comes back, but it will happen quite quickly once that demand returns.”

The company fell into a “in line with expectations” category for business performance in the last three months.

“It was in line with what we forecast to the market last year in our annual result.

“The outlook is still more positive today than it was six months ago – there’s no doubt about that. But it’s still quite a difficult time to say what will happen.”

He said THL would be able to provide a much better update next month, when it released its half year results.

Not a very good close today!! Down 6 points... ouch

Was overbrought so a pullback was expected , cant go vertical every day a.
    That webster fellows comments raise some eyebrows though or is it warning bells?
    one step ahead of the herd

It may be warning bells. I don't think it's the beep of tourists reversing their campers into the holiday parks...

That webster fellows comments raise some eyebrows though or is it warning bells?

Is what happens in a lightly traded stock when somebody wants or needs to sell .... it was those 30,000 shares at days end that stuffed the price

All OK unless he has another 30,000 or 50,000 or 100,000 to sell then we are in trouble

My ATR sell point is currently 93 ... with THL (because of the inherent risks involved) discipline must prevail so maybe i won't be a shareholder this time tomorrow ..... but hopefully today was an abheration and THL is still on the way up to 250

The main point of the article was that increased activity does not always lead to a comensurate increase in profitability

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Is what happens in a lightly traded stock when somebody wants or needs to sell .... it was those 30,000 shares at days end that stuffed the price

All OK unless he has another 30,000 or 50,000 or 100,000 to sell then we are in trouble

My ATR sell point is currently 93 ... with THL (because of the inherent risks involved) discipline must prevail so maybe i won't be a shareholder this time tomorrow ..... but hopefully today was an abheration and THL is still on the way up to 250
    Keep that discipline winner? Could barely sleep last night, wondering what will happen on the market this week. Was 100% invested on friday, but have already started selling down this morning. Probably A bit silly of me but then fear is a funny thing.