sharetrader
Page 146 of 397 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 3966

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11635718

The boom set to continue.

Let's hope the operators here do not kill the goose that lays the golden eggs with ever increasing prices - tourists from Asia are courted actively by other countries and as Hong Kong has experienced, they can go elsewhere is prices and services are unacceptable.

Divorced from logic Hectorplains's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11635718

The boom set to continue.

Let's hope the operators here do not kill the goose that lays the golden eggs with ever increasing prices - tourists from Asia are courted actively by other countries and as Hong Kong has experienced, they can go elsewhere is prices and services are unacceptable.
    Very true...and just about everywhere else is closer too. NZ's lower dollar (than 2012 - 15) does moderate that cost though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectorplains View Post
    Very true...and just about everywhere else is closer too. NZ's lower dollar (than 2012 - 15) does moderate that cost though.
    That is true but is also a problem with NZ tourism businesses over the decades - they treat a lower NZ$ as a windfall rather than pass the savings onto customers/tourists, and then howl like deprived spoilt brats when the exchange rates go up.

I don't think exchange rates effect tourism volumes, personally. You don't go on holiday to somewhere because it's currently economically preferable. You go because you want to. For example you might go to NZ because you've always wanted to visit, or go to France for the romance, or go to China to see the wall, etc.

Once you get there, you worry about what you can afford. Typically people spend because the alternative is to do nothing on your holiday, which would be dumb after paying so much to get there in the first place.

That's why tourist traps can charge so much, and that's why it's called a tourist trap.

Agreed some people may go to a place because it's cheap there, but that isn't new Zealand's market and we wouldn't want to compete in that way.

JMO

I'd agree somewhat but I often heard when Europe was in the crapper people saying it was a great time to go as it was cheap! And I knew a few people who did go for that reason, or prioritised a euro trip. Also heaps of people head to South East Asia because it's cheap.

Investor

Looks like Sterling shares have found place, no more selling pressure blue skies ahead. Screen shot back to trading update on Friday 29th Apr.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Looks like Sterling shares have found place, no more selling pressure blue skies ahead. Screen shot back to trading update on Friday 29th Apr.
    Institutions like Milford who have been accumulating for a while do not take the placement at $2.55 for a quick flick, one guesses.

Investor

https://nzx.com/companies/THL/announcements/281956

Looks like Milford got 5mln of them.
    They've balance, as per my quote from the other day.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by black knat View Post
    Just been offered shares by my broker - so not a takeover.
    You be a happy man black knat, won't you if you took the offer from your broker at 255.

You be a happy man black knat, won't you if you took the offer from your broker at 255.

yea pretty happy - only got 50% of what I asked for - heavy scaling.