sharetrader
Page 150 of 403 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 4022

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    How do you know?

Tourism is a cyclical business - and what goes up will at some stage come down. Directors might see some indication for reduced forwards booking, but more likely they are just careful and know that no trend goes always just into one direction.

Maybe they even know why the lonely analyst in Yahoo finance values the share at $1.65 ....
    I think your Yahoo finance data is wrong.
    There are 2 reports out for THL that provide valuations (Craigs and Edison). Forbarr also does research, but does not provide a target price.
    The Craigs target is 3.30 and was released on 17/6/16

There is a good interview with the Craigs analyst here. He describes the risks.
    https://soundcloud.com/nbr-radio/tou...s-analysts-eye

The Edison research is here (target $3.44):
    http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch....CT=18&ID=16249
    Last edited by noodles; 22-06-2016 at 06:24 PM.
    No advice here. Just banter. DYOR

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I think your Yahoo finance data is wrong.
    There are 2 reports out for THL that provide valuations (Craigs and Edison). Forbarr also does research, but does not provide a target price.
    The Craigs target is 3.30 and was released on 17/6/16

There is a good interview with the Craigs analyst here. He describes the risks.
    https://soundcloud.com/nbr-radio/tou...s-analysts-eye

The Edison research is here (target $3.44):
    http://www.edisoninvestmentresearch....CT=18&ID=16249
    I think that Craig's analyst is same guy that used to work for Morningstar.

Quite disappointed, think today is going to set THL back as the UK market are the prime customers of THL.

Short term could sink to 2.50, will be a very interesting 12 months... Holding for the long haul

Quote Originally Posted by Peitro View Post
    UK market are the prime customers of THL.
    Based on?
    UK are the 4th biggest contributor to international arrivals

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Based on?
    UK are the 4th biggest contributor to international arrivals
    dont know the numbers but would assume uk and Europeans are big customers of the campervan businesses

percy

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBop View Post
    dont know the numbers but would assume uk and Europeans are big customers of the campervan businesses
    This time next year The British Lions will be touring NZ.
    England have just won the series against the Wallybees,Wales showed some promise against The All Blacks.
    I would expect Lions supporters will be thinking by adding some Irish and Scottish players to the mix, The Lions may topple The All Blacks.A once in a life time event no Lions fan will want to miss.
    I therefore think THL and other camper van rental companies will be pushed to meet the demand.This will come after an already extended tourism season.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    This time next year The British Lions will be touring NZ.
    England have just won the series against the Wallybees,Wales showed some promise against The All Blacks.
    I would expect Lions supporters will be thinking by adding some Irish and Scottish players to the mix, The Lions may topple The All Blacks.A once in a life time event no Lions fan will want to miss.
    I therefore think THL and other camper van rental companies will be pushed to meet the demand.This will come after an already extended tourism season.
    Sure ... but just remember that travelling just got much more expensive for anybody who earns and holds pounds ... and nobody can spend more than they own and can borrow - and borrowing gets more difficult in uncertain times like this. Obviously - we both don't know how the Brexit game plays out (though I am not very optimistic for the Brits), but I can't really imagine that the pound will regain its earlier glory - and this will inevitably reduce British overseas tourism. On a side note - the British shot not just into their own feet - I would predict we have next year as well less European tourists coming to our (and other) shores ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

percy

For possibly a once in a lifetime event The Lions supporters will find the money.
    I know amongst my friends, they plan a world trip when they retire.Some have already retired and done their travel,while others are yet to retire.Never once have any of them put off or delayed their trip because of the value of the NZ $.
    Most of The Lions supporters are well heeled ex public school,who will be here,using THL camper vans.
    I expect the demand to be so great some will have to bring their own!!..lol.
    Last edited by percy; 26-06-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    For possibly a once in a lifetime event The Lions supporters will find the money.
    I know amongst my friends, they plan a world trip when they retire.Some have already retired and done their travel,while others are yet to retire.Never once have any of them put off or delayed their trip because of the value of the NZ $.
    Most of The Lions supporters are well heeled ex public school,who will be here,using THL camper vans.
    I expect the demand to be so great some will have to bring their own!!..lol.
    Business opportunity for percy

Convert his mobile bookshop into a camper

Keep the literary theme and be an upmarket Wicked camper for the discerning old school rugger fan.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”