sharetrader
Page 165 of 403 FirstFirst ... 65115155161162163164165166167168169175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 4022
    Advanced Member

If Winston Peters cuts immigration by 50%, what effect would that have on THL sp?

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    If Winston Peters cuts immigration by 50%, what effect would that have on THL sp?
    Haha, clearly you know the answer to that hypothetical question see weed, or should we call you chicken little?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    Haha, clearly you know the answer to that hypothetical question see weed, or should we call you chicken little?
    All I will say is I would factor this in as a significant risk to consider from the politics to play out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Not sure I follow you mate. I would have thought the vast majority of campervan rentals are to overseas tourists so a cut to migration as opposed to tourism would have very little if any effect.
    You having some special sauce with the BBQ dinner tonight mate
    Last edited by Beagle; 07-01-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Not sure I follow you mate. I would have thought the vast majority of campervan rentals are to overseas tourists so a cut to migration as opposed to tourism would have very little if any effect.
    My exact thoughts too. Unless we are missing something???

I was thinking it was suggesting PR risk of NZ not being seen open to key tourist markets..who would know about the correlation...also migrants often are tourist before they settle..

..are things becoming "exuberant"..just saying....

Advanced Member

Yes, I was thinking the exact same thing after posting. Probably no effect at all.

In my opinion, I class THL as cyclic with a fast short term (5 years) upwards tend and a slow long term upward trend.

Because every time a recession comes along, they'll get clobbered. So there will always be buying opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by troyvdh View Post
    ..are things becoming "exuberant"..just saying....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    In my opinion, I class THL as cyclic with a fast short term (5 years) upwards tend and a slow long term upward trend.

Because every time a recession comes along, they'll get clobbered. So there will always be buying opportunities.
    Flights have become cheaper and cheaper. Consumers are getting more and more bang for their buck in terms of international travel as new technology aircraft make it more efficient.
    IATA predicts worldwide air travel with continue to grow for the foreseeable future at 5-6%. N.Z. is a relatively safe, unpolluted and uncrowded destination with spectacular scenery and sound tourism infrastructure.
    Many tourists don't feel safe in many parts of Europe with the immigration and terrorism threat a real and present danger now and with much of the middle east off limits, China and much of Asia becoming extremely crowded and polluted all this plays into Tourism being in a long term growth trend for N.Z. Tourism currently growing at 12% this year up from 11% last year and about 10% the year before...spot the trend ? Exuberant ? You tell me what's a fair PE for a company growing the way THL is and with the target of $50m profit by 2020 ? Keep in mind the average market PE is about 18-19.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-01-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine