sharetrader
Page 167 of 397 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 3966

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    THL has been a great investment lately but RSI is now over 80, a level seldom seen without some retracement, in my experience.
    So many new punters getting on the merry go round and others adding to their haul = RSI over 80

Opportunity foe lewy to get some later in the month then
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Think I'll be safe in Iceland next year?
    You're all good there mate. If you time it right Iceman might give you a personal tour :-) He tells me Icelandic airways are doing really well...must be something to do with clean green safe places !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    You're all good there mate. If you time it right Iceman might give you a personal tour :-) He tells me Icelandic airways are doing really well...must be something to do with clean green safe places !
    I was surprised how reasonable trips to Iceland from London return were by Icelandair were (NZ$350) - cheaper WLG / SYD and thats even after the exorbitant Heathrow departure tax.

This looks like a fascinating development for thl

The canonical travel geo database

• The Atlas mission is to build the world’s best travel geo-data tools and APIs. Atlas harnesses the power of artificial intelligence to create a new travel data ecosystem at scale.

• Atlas will evolve into a distributed marketplace for tourism listings and traveller insights, and the product that is best placed to power the data-driven future of travel in vehicle and voice.

• Atlas is ready to expand on the groundwork laid by GeoZone through major partnerships, and to unlock access to the broader tourism market in Australasia and the USA.

You tell me what's a fair PE for a company growing the way THL is and with the target of $50m profit by 2020 ? Keep in mind the average market PE is about 18-19.
    Okay so just to endeavor to answer my own question earlier today and acknowledging that the two companies are quite dissimilar in many respects but its interesting nonetheless to note that although Skyline Enterprises doesn't currently have a forecast in the market for FY17, stripping out property revaluations from last years accounts I see them trading at 17.1 times FY16's profit, based on mid point of current buy-sell quote. THL trading at 17.5 times historical FY16 EPS. 14.7 times normalized forecast FY17 earnings.

Barring a major exogenous shock I see the SP growing at least in line with earnings for the next few years.
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-01-2017 at 09:38 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Up 4% today!

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Thanks for sharing Roger, I hadn't seen this.

I bought some a few months back at $3.30, so considering topping up some more. I might wait until their next announcement, but definitely shaping up for a good growth investment. Added to this they pay an attractive dividend so it's all pretty smooth sailing at the moment.
    Hope you been topping up jeremy - or better still backing the truck up as they say

I made the mistake of wanting to wait for it to drop a bit before buying Winner (which it hasn't).

In saying that it's my second largest holding so I can't get too greedy. The odd thing with share markets is you always say to yourself "I should of bought more!" when it goes up instead of being happy you made a capital gain on your original investment lol.

It isn't called learning the "fine art" of contentment without good reason ! I'm still working on my technique too
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-01-2017 at 06:09 PM.

percy

As always I enter the new year "well positioned".
    Only position I know.?.
    Very comfortable with it.!..lol.